Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge
aims to provide discerning travellers to Botswana with a unique, first class safari experience in an eco-friendly and eco-sensitive environment. Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge lies on the ledges of Ghoha Hills in the Savuti area of the Chobe National Park and features:
- Breath taking views from the lodge
- Sundowners at the Cathedral of Baobabs
- Game drives to the famous Savuti channel and marsh
The lodge is solar powered and self-sustaining, with the luxury tented rooms situated along the hillside, erected on wooden decks with breath taking view of the African plains and the surrounding bush and waterhole in the valley.
En-suite bathroom, shower with a view; luxury eco-friendly guest amenities
Ceiling fan, pedestal fan and Mosquito nets; Viewing deck with chairs and table
The main lodge area comprises dining area, lounge, bar, curio shop, a traditional fire boma and rock pool.
Private 4 x 4 safari vehicles available on request at time of reservation, an additional charge is applicable
Morning and afternoon game drive in open 4 x 4 safari vehicles. The game drives take place on the private road network, and also to the famous Savuti channel and marsh. The Savuti Channel started flowing again in 2009 and has become a deep clear water way which has attracted various aquatic species, hippos, predators, water birds and some plains game.
Afternoon tea at the private waterhole; Sundowners at the Cathedral of Baobabs; Gobabis rock paintings, Bird watching and Star gazing
Ngoma Safari Lodge
The lodge has panoramic views overlooking the Chobe River and Floodplain.
• 5 star bush Lodge with 8 individual spacious suites, incorporating rustic and ethnic accents with natural materials and
finishes throughout, constructed of local brick under thatch.
• Private ‘refresh and relax’ pools located in the external living area of each suite.
• The central guest area is built adjacent to a magnificent Baobab and overlooks the Chobe River incorporating: -
o Reception, guest sitting room, dining room and bar area
o Internet and communication facilities – subject to local service providers
o A swimming pool, sundeck and adjacent viewing platform
Ngoma Safari Lodge is a joint community and privately- funded project in association with the Chobe Enclave Conservation Trust (CECT). Through its socially responsible programmes, the Lodge enriches the lives of those living within this community.
From day one CECT has benefited directly from a land lease fee and bed levy, as well as employment.
Ngoma Safari Lodge is situated in Northern Botswana within the Chobe Forest Reserve bordering the western edge of Chobe National Park and overlooking the Chobe River.
With our association with CECT, cultural experiences and interaction with the community are an integral part of the lodge’s activities and these include visits to the local school, the clinic and the village.
As Ngoma Safari Lodge is situated in the Chobe Forest Reserve, both walking and night drives are permitted.
• Game Walks: – on the concession escorted by an armed Professional Guide
• A full day safari: - includes a cruise on the Chobe River, driving within the Chobe National Park and a picnic lunch and drinks
• Game Drives: - in the region there are over 75 species of mammals day drives are into Chobe National Park and night drives are on the concession
• Birding:- there are over 450 species to be spotted in the region
11 January to 31 March and 1 to 14 December 2015 TBA
1 April to 30 May and 1 to 30 November 2015 US$ 3,990 per person sharing (twin)
1 June to 31 October 2015 US$ TBA
Rates quoted are person sharing or single and include 3 nights’ accommodation at Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge and 3 nights’ accommodation at Ngoma Safari Lodge.
- Meals, house beverages, scheduled activities and laundry
- Government taxes, levies and National Park fees as currently legislated
Kasane Airport to Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge (road transfer) included
Air transfer from Maun to Savuti airstrip (single trip),
Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge to Ngoma Safari Lodge (road transfer) included
Ngoma Safari Lodge to Kasane / Kazungula / Kasane Airport (road transfer) included
premium beverages, transfers not specified, private vehicle activities, travel insurance, visa costs, fuel surcharges (applicable to flights only) and items of a personal nature.
Transfer rates are based on a minimum of 2 passengers.
We reserve the right to adjust rates in accordance with changes in Government legislation
No children under the age of 10 years permitted