Africa Guide
recommended trip :

American student coming to Nairobi

American student coming to Nairobi
April 07, 2005 10:02PM
By Jason
Hi there,
I am an American, potentially coming to Nairobi as a student, and have several questions.
First of all, does anyone know anything about the United States International University in Nairobi? Is the school actually in Nairobi, and if not, how far is it from Nairobi? Is it located in a safe area, and would my wife and I have any troubles as Americans?
Also, is there affordable and safe housing near the university?
I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Thanks!!
 Reply  Quote

it is ok
April 12, 2005 10:48AM
By tamu
it is ok. get more by emailing me at frafiki at yahoo dot co dot uk
 Reply  Quote

Information
April 12, 2005 10:56AM
By Vera
Admin
Tamu

It would be great if you could leave the information you have on this forum board so others looking for similar info can benefit from it.
 Reply  Quote

Rono
April 16, 2005 08:12AM
Hey, United States International University is just outside the City of Nairobi, the area is relatively safe, you willl definately get decent and safe house near the university.

Check the following site for more infon on USIU: www.usiu.ac.ke

The site includes details on admissions, academics, administration, students, alumni, facilities and the Information Technology Department.

You can get in touch with me in case you require more info.
 Reply  Quote

USIU
April 20, 2005 04:15PM
By ggggoat
Hello,
I am an American and I am strongly considering studying abroad at the United States International University this upcoming fall. My main reservation at this point is the safety issue. I have been advised by my university not to go due to the travel warning that has been issued. I too would like to get my hands on any information regarding the safety over there.

Also, I was thinking that if there are several of us considering going to the same university we could get in contact prior to going there.

If anyone wishes chat feel free to send me an email at ggggoat@hotmail.com

Thanks,
David
 Reply  Quote

usiu
May 14, 2005 11:29AM
By winners
The area within which USIU is located is relatevely safe.

For accomodation you may need to check out some appartment away from the uni.

This and more we can be of help to you , please ask us and meanwhile you may check our site,www.@#$%&.com. see we have contact with many foreigners vising kenya nd we also have experience working with them.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map