Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Info about Francistown

Info about Francistown
August 03, 2000 05:48PM
Anonymous User
Hello guys
Well, i'm a baha'i from Belgium and sunday 6 i'going to francistown to do a teaching project and some community services , so that i can help people!
Okay,i really would like information about francistown, i'd like to know what you can find in that city. and i'd like to know what kinda clothes should i were , i don't wanna offense people if i were a jeans!!!
okay , i 'd like to have the info before this sunday.
Thank you very much to you and see ya'
Bénédicte Dandoy
kamalabest@hotmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Info about Francistown
December 07, 2000 01:25PM
Anonymous User
[Quote:]
"Hello guys
Well, i'm a baha'i from Belgium and sunday 6 i'going to francistown to do a teaching project and some community services , so that i can help people!
Okay,i really would like information about francistown, i'd like to know what you can find in that city. and i'd like to know what kinda clothes should i were , i don't wanna offense people if i were a jeans!!!
okay , i 'd like to have the info before this sunday."
[end Quote]

hey buddy here is a little advise about Frnacistown...DON'T WEAR jeans indeed coz you might offend people. Infact don't wear any "european clothes"..anything made out of cotton would be viewed as an insult.....you don't want to piss off the gods right?
Well..here is what i suggest you do ( so you could minimize unfriendly encounters with local people)....
Go into the bush and and make pants out of branches.Thats what you should wear..you will definetely blend it....
I don't know where you have been the last 500 years but i can assure you my friend...Africans have discovered "Cotton"! Jeans won't offend anyone unless you wear them too tight that they reveal too much!!! Ohhhhh that would definetely offend people!
Oh hey just to break the ice during your orientation in Botswana: Get a loud speaker and tell everyone in the vicinity that you thought they would be offended by jeans!
They would thank you for being "considerate".....
Anyway have fun my Belgium friend...its going to be an experience..not the shit you see on TV.
peace
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map