Africa Guide
recommended trip :

New paradise island lodge in Uganda

October 13, 2004 11:55AM
Anonymous User
If you are travelling in Uganda, you really have to visit this new place in Lake Bunyonyi (south west Uganda). I went there last week as a stop-off on my way back from seeing gorillas at Bwindi, and it was the most unbelievable place I've ever been to. It's called the Byoona Amagara project, on Itambira island, and is set up as a not-for-profit project (which has really taken off) to help develop the islanders, their computer skills, local schools and sustainable agriculture....and it also happens to be the most amazing, and CHEAP!, place to stay. It was so good, I just had to post this message - please do email me if you want more info - because it's not yet in the guide books (just opened), it's such a rare opportunity so be on such a beautiful island in relative peace!

To get there, go to Kabale, and hire a taxi to Rutndo Market (taxi driver Black will take you for 8,000 shillings which is fair), and then can get taken on a dugout canoe for 2,500 shillings per person! It's brilliant - and so different to all those other places!
 Reply  Quote

new place to visit
November 23, 2004 09:24AM
Anonymous User
hi!
that really sounds interesting! i'm going to Uganda end of January and i would really love to visit this beautiful island.
thanks for description how to get there, it doesn't sound too difficult to get there. are there any indication to this island?
but the most important - are there any hotels to stay? could you name them?
looking forward to hearing from you!
thanks for shearing this information!
Lina
 Reply  Quote

October 31, 2005 10:54PM
Is there a good accomodation there? How much?
Thanks
jay
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map