Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Close...

Searching for my long lost brother
August 11, 2002 12:44PM
Anonymous User
Does anybody know the whereabouts of Harry(Henry John) McLaughlin? He was born and bred in Glasgow UK. He is a Marine Engineer by trade and has spent most of his adult life in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. He would now be 62 years old. Mitzi, his sister, is searching and often thinks about him. She would dearly like to make contact again, the last time being around 1962 in Glasgow.
If anybody can advise on chat/forum sites or how to make a search on local registrary offices records I would be very grateful. Perhaps there may be some ex patriot groups who may know of him.
 Reply  Quote

Seeking brother
August 11, 2002 03:12PM
Anonymous User
If you haven't alrady, you could also try leaving a message on these forum boards:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/
http://www.british-expats.com/phpBB/
http://pub15.bravenet.com/forum/show.asp?usernum=1206551108&cpv=1

Hope you find him...

Regards
Vera
 Reply  Quote

long lost brother
August 13, 2002 07:42AM
By Mitzi
Thanks for your suggestions Vera, it is much appreciated and every little helps.
 Reply  Quote

long lost stepbrother miss him
April 05, 2003 06:43PM
Anonymous User

I am looking for my Stepbrother last time we saw him he was 5 years old. We miss him so much. He would be 30 by now. He has brown hair and brown eyes. Very goodlooking man if he takes after our stepdad. Joey if you recieve this message dad misses you he almost died on us. we need you joey.
Our stepdadsname is Marvin Edward Cohee. He needs his son. Joey you have a Stepbrother name Doug,Stepsister name Cathleen and a halfbrother name Mike. Please get a hold of us. We are still in California. We all love you and miss you Joey

Love the Cohee's
 Reply  Quote

YOUR BROTHER.
April 10, 2003 01:23PM
Anonymous User

Want to help you look for your brother.
 Reply  Quote

long lost brother
April 14, 2003 07:07AM
Anonymous User
Hello Makunde,
Just found your message on the forum. How can you help me find my brother? Do you know him or of his whereabouts? Any information would be of great value to me. I would dearly love to hear from him and just know he is okay.
 Reply  Quote

LOOKING FOR YOUR BROTHER.
April 22, 2003 01:00PM
Anonymous User

There is this Guy, I am suspecting could be your brother. I talked to him last week and he did tell me that he was an Engieener but could not tell area of specialty. He is maybe in the late Fifties or there abouts. Use my E-mail above and give me as much info so that i will know whether he is the right guy.

Makunde.
 Reply  Quote

Long Lost Brother
April 23, 2003 07:38AM
Anonymous User
Makunde, Thank you for your message.
My brother's full name is Henry John McLaughlin, known as 'Harry'. He will be 63 this November. About 5'11" tall with auburn hair. He was brought up in Maryhill, Glasgow, Scotland. His last known address was in Bulawayo and he was at one time married to a girl called 'Cindy'. He is a Marine Engineer by trade, but I don't know if he continued this or is doing something else. Our mother died in 1978, which was the last time we were in contact. Perhaps if you see this person again, this will be enough for you to go on. If it is him please, please, please ask him to post a message on this forum. Hoping to hear from you soon.
 Reply  Quote

Harry McLaughlin
June 13, 2003 06:44PM
Anonymous User
Hi I used to work with Harry in Bulawayo. I havent seen him for a few years. I was in Bulawayo a few years ago 94/95 I think, I met a guy in a bar who still lives there and we were talking about old times and Harry's name came up,he told me harry was living in Barham Green thats a district in Byo.The guy's name is Bev Radford, if you could get hold of a Byo telephone directory find Bev's number and give him a ring. I'm sorry I cant be more help, I hope you have some luck in finding him. Me and Harry were good mates we worked together on a few jobs {small gold mines in the bush} we used to drink in the same bar in Byo.
good luck if I think of anything else I will let you know Tommy
 Reply  Quote

Harry McLaughlin (Long Lost Brother)
June 17, 2003 09:37AM
Anonymous User
Hi Tommy, we've been away for a few days and have only just found your message. I got very excited that you know Harry and am hoping that this is the lead I have been waiting for. My husband is pursuing the idea of trying to find the telephone number of Harry or Bev on the Internet or the Bulaway telephone directory enquiries and see what comes up from that. Please get in touch with me if you hear any more about Harry and should you bump into him tell him his sister Mitzi would dearly love to hear from him. Thank you again for contacting me and if we do manage to trace him I will certainly let you know.
Mitzi Orr
 Reply  Quote

RE long lost brother
June 18, 2003 06:38PM
Anonymous User
Hi Mitzi
Just a quick message. I dont want you to get your hopes up, because I live in Ireland now so I wont be seeing any of the old crowd, If it's any help Bev used to live in Morningside BYO and Harry was staying at a pub called The Tavern in Barham Green, lots of contractors used to stay there. He might be in South Africa you might try Johannesburg he used to drink in Michaels Bar at The Ambassodor Hotel in Hillbrow Joburg whenever he was there so Hillbrow,Berea areas of Joburg are likely places. E MAIL me at TOML345@aol.com if you think I can help in any way Good luck Tommy
 Reply  Quote

Close...
September 05, 2003 08:08AM
Anonymous User
My name is Henry John McLaughlin and I was born in Glasgow but I am half the age of your brother. Sorry but quite a coincidence.

Henry J McLaughlin
 Reply  Quote

Long Lost Brother
September 09, 2003 04:18AM
Anonymous User
Hello Henry,
Thank you for your message. It is quite a coincidence that you have the same name and also born in Glasgow. I would so love to find Harry now as we are both getting on a bit and he is the only blood relative I have left. I remember the last time I saw him in Glasgow as a young and handsome man and my hope is that he will see these messages and contact me.
So anyone out there who knows where he is, please, please get in touch.
I wish you well Henry.
Mitzi McLaughlin-Orr
 Reply  Quote

Close...
September 09, 2003 06:45AM
By henry
Thanks and I wish you all the best with your search too.

Henry
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map