Africa Guide
recommended trip :

heroes

heroes
April 28, 2002 03:41PM
Anonymous User
Every country has its heroes. I would like to learn about the zimbabwean heroes. Who are they. When did they live and what is it that makes them special?
 Reply  Quote

heroes
June 26, 2002 05:01AM
Anonymous User
Zimbabwe has many heroes from the pre-colonial era like Mzilikazi who escaped the iron rule of Shaka Zulu in South Africa. He was a "Induna" which means Chief.
He left South Africa with Zulus which are now known as the Ndebele's.
He is one of the Heroes Zimbabwe has.
I will be back with a link so you can learn more.
 Reply  Quote

heroes
June 26, 2002 03:01PM
Anonymous User
thank you Eddie, for your reply. I learned that chief Mzilikai is buried in the Matopos Mountains.
I will travel to Zimbabwe tomorrow and I am going to try to visit his grave. Then I will also try to visit and put some flowers on the grave of Elizabeth Ncube (do you know her?)Last year I was at the grave of Jairos Jiri to pay my respects. Already for a long time I am trying to find out about well known Zimbabweans of the (recent and not so recent)past. It is quite difficult but slowly I am finding out more.If you can help I will be very gratefull and I will let you know about my progress.
 Reply  Quote

heroes
August 01, 2002 10:26AM
Anonymous User
Just returned from a trip to Zimbabwe. we managed to visit Chief Mzilikazi's grave. We were told he picked the spot himself. A huge beautifull rock impossible to find without help.
 Reply  Quote

Zimbabwean heroes
August 31, 2002 06:17PM
Anonymous User
Mugabe is indeed a modern hero.
He is more highly-educated than any other politician in Africa and most other parts of the world.

He is bold enough to get rid of those white farmers who never paid for the land.
There has never been an equivalence or counterpart in Europe where black Africans simply took possession of real estate without paying Nor of them enslaving foreigners!

Mugabe is being demonised by selfish and avaricious racists. They wish to perpetuate the Master-Servant relationship and Mugabe has turned out to be their Nemesis.
 Reply  Quote

hero
August 31, 2002 07:58PM
Anonymous User
I have no problem respecting Mugabe for his part in the struggle. Also no problem for dealing with the white farmers. I am convinced that there are lots of capable Zimbabwean farmers to take over and I am very aware of the biased news we get about the situation. His late wife Sally is a heroin for me as well especially as I heard recently that she always took care of the orphans in the Robert Mugabe Orphanage in the eastern Highlands. I was disappointed though to learn that after her death the help to the orphanage stopped. Why?
 Reply  Quote

MUGABE MY HERO!!
September 09, 2002 02:59PM
By rufaro
Dharma Appavoo,

I would like to agree with you Mugabe is a modern hero. Forward with repossessing our land. Continue to be bold. I am the confident woman I am today because of the Liberation and Independce of Zimbabwe. I am proud to be Zimbabwean because of the President we also have who is bold enough to say what he means even if people demonise him. Pamberi nazvo Gushungo. We support you under all weather.

Master Servant error is gone in Zimbabwe it will never be back. Forward with President Nuujoma don't be bull dozed to sell out SOuthern Africa. West Africans have always stuck together, I don't understand why Obasanjo would like to help Zimbabwe solve their mild problems whilst he has mountains in his back yard. He can't even stop stoning to death of women after they have made a choice when and how to have children. What can he teach Zimbabwe and Zimbabweans. Thats an insult to the Zimbabweans!!! who besides not having to be stoned still know when and how to have children.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map