Africa Guide
recommended trip :

sending money

Getting help to those who need it
April 09, 2005 12:16PM
By Emsy24
I travelled around Zim 7 years ago and for the past few years have been sending money over to friends i made out there. I have tried several means such as Western Union, recorded delivery services and even by post, unfortunately in every case there has been times when they dont receive part of it or sometimes any of it. Does anyone know a way that I can be sure that all the money i send them reaches them?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as things are looking pretty desperate out there and i really want to help them.
 Reply  Quote

Sending money
April 09, 2005 12:54PM
By Mod
Try sending it by bank transfer - direct from your bank account to the relevant bank account in Zimbabwe.

There will be fees your end and the receiving end but you bank should be able to track payment to the receving bank.

Postal service is very unreliable especially for sending money.
 Reply  Quote

sending money
April 18, 2005 10:49PM
By kutsaka
I am a Zimbabwean working overseas, Western Union is very reliable , u can send money by it.The only problem is the rate that is being offered , it is much lower than what is offered by the black market because the money is received in Zim dollars.If you want them to receive at higher rates, you have to contact pple with FCAs whom you can deposit the money in their accounts and then they deposit the money in the receipient's account number at higher rates.Like at the moment if you send by Western Union the rate against the USD is 6200 but the black market offers as much as 12500.
Post is not advisable.If you need more information contact me on my e mail.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map