Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Plannining a visit to Kenya and Tanzania

Plannining a visit to Kenya and Tanzania
November 23, 2015 02:55AM
By redc
hello, I am planning a one week trip to Kenya and Tanzania. Any advice is appreciated. I have been to Zanzibar, but I want to go back at least for one day. what can I do in this short vacation? What is a must see place? I love animals and nature. I will start my trip in march, stopping in Ethiopia for four days and off to Kenya or Tanzania.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Plannining a visit to Kenya and Tanzania
November 24, 2015 10:52PM
By Vera
Admin
If you only have one week it may be best to concentrate on either Kenya or Tanzania as driving distances are very long...

To get some ideas have a look through our Kenya Safari Itineraries and our Safaris in Tanzania

Hope this helps
 Reply  Quote

November 28, 2015 02:15AM
By redc
how about a trip to kilimanjaro via a safari, then a ferry to zanzibar? can I do that with 5 or 6 days. I will fly to Darusalam.
 Reply  Quote

November 28, 2015 04:38PM
By Vera
Admin
Dar-es-Salaam is in the south and Kilmanjaro in the north.

It takes up most the day to travel by bus to Arusha from Dar-es-Salaam, so unless you fly, 2 days will be taken up by travelling there and back

Kilimanjaro is not near the Northern Route safari parks and from Tanzania you can not get a good view of the mountain - this is best viewed from Amboselli in Kenya.

It is a long drive from Arusha to Northern Route safari parks of Tangire, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park....

If your 5-6 days includes time you want to spend in Zanzibar - it will be too rushed.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map