Africa Guide
recommended trip :

AC ANSWER

Relocating to Tanzania
October 12, 2008 05:50PM
I am an African-Canadian looking to move back to Africa. I was in Tanzania last year for a conference and fell in love.

But I am not sure I could get a job that would pay $7000+ per month, so I am looking to start my own business.

I am an RF/Wireless/Telecom Engineer with experience in software and Web development; so I am considering opening a business in IT. I also have an MBA in Information Systems.

Could someone tell me what the prospects are like in Tanzania for IT business? Is government the primary customer for this service?

Also, what are the hiring practices like within the big players in Cellular Services? Do they hire expats a lot?

Thanks for your help in advance and God bless you!

AC
 Reply  Quote

AC ANSWER
October 17, 2008 03:18PM
Dear AC,
It has been noted, that sales personel have been the first to get worried when Economy goes South!!!! Well thank you for your interest in Tanzania.
We Would start by introducing ourself to you. We are operating tour company based in Arusha Tanzania. We Sell The North, South & Most genarally all parts of Tanzania.
We would reccomend at this point of juncture to first make your point clear. What exactly would you want to do?
The reasons are based on the technicalities on the ground & we would appriciate if all is laid on the floor.After that, we would advise accordingly on which area suites you most.
Let us know please. Are you looking for job? Or are you looking for a potential bussiness partner..This would help us answer your Question in a very right manner,
Thank you,
Tour Operator.
 Reply  Quote

IT - Tanzania!
November 19, 2008 08:59AM
Anonymous User
Hello!

I would advice you to stick in your original idea, IT, but I have an advice for you! You can start up a business, but it will take time for you to get to the Market, but it all depends with what you want!

I have my blood brother, he is making softwares and he has his PhD in these things from Sweden, he has been a goverment worker for about: 12 years, and he thinks of opening his company!

Well, I have an idea, don't think of doing this business when you are there, find a way, come over, find a place stay for abour 3/6 months, see what is happening and then you will make up your minds, this is my idea!

Staying in Arusha is not that expensive, its about U$D200 per month, big and good house, don't worry about that, and then come over and see what is happening! My cellphine number is: +255713520162, just incase.

Thanks!
 Reply  Quote

IT in Dar
May 05, 2009 11:06AM
Hi AC,

I just moved to Dar es Salaam from London as my father and siblings are here.

My partner worked for a big oil company in the UK as a software applications support team leader.

He has managed to find an IT job with a Tanzanian company here but has taken a massive pay cut. We want to start our own IT business here as it is the perfect time.

With regard to employment prospects, companies often seek a Tanzanian to act as a referee. I've been told someone with extensive qualifications and experience could be overlooked in favour of someone lacking, but who comes with a recommendation from a current/former employee or even just a Tanzanian with some status. Your African heritage will be really beneficial.

We are a the stage of beginning the process of registering the business, but ideally we would like someone else with technical expertise to collaberate with.

Feel free to email me

Asante,

KT
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map