Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: South Africans coming to the UK - MUCH ADVISE NEEDED :-(

Hi there,

Im British and my boyfriend is South African. I need to be in the UK for the next few years so we are trying to get him over here in the mean time. So far we are both just going around in circles with the UK Boarder Agency and no one can give us a straight answer as to what visa we may be able to apply for! We have looked at a sponsor visa but it is proving way to hard!

We have looked into my visa which isnt going to be a problem, i am just not in a position at the moment to move for another 18 months.

If any one is in the same boat or has any information that can prove more useful than the crap(!) that we keep getting back from the embassy then please let me know!

Your help really will be greatly appreciated.

Lisa :-)
 Reply  Quote

It will be really your memorable days in South Africa.

Holiday in South Africa
 Reply  Quote

If you have British citizenship then I suggest that you go to the British Embassy in Hatfield, Pretoria
and apply for a fiance visa. They will dig into the financial side of things in so far as how your boyfriend is is going to support himself whilst in the UK. They must also have no cause whatsoever to suspect that he intends to work here in the UK without a work permit. I have had run-ins with the Home Affairs here in UK fairly recently as my girlfriend from SA overstayed her visa and was deported back to SA very rapidly and it will be a hell of a story to get her back here now. Fortunately I intend moving back to SA as I have permanent residence there. There is also a working visa that one can apply for that is valid for two years, I think but I do not know much about it. The immigration lawyers that I hear about that assist South Africans with these kind of issues are based in London and go by the name of 'Breytenbach Solicitors' and you are sure to find them through google. Are you here in UK or SA at the moment?
Hope that this is of help to you :-)
Mike
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map