Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: I did a permanant move to Marrakech from UK

Anyone looking for advice on life in Marrakech. I made a permanent move here from the uk in March and have two children which attend school in the centre of Marrakech. If you are in a similar position lets exchange thoughts. Pats
 Reply  Quote

hello
November 01, 2008 08:40PM
Anonymous User
Hi ,
I have just read your advice on Africaguide.com , I will help you as possible as I can , I'm a moroccan man living in Casablanca city all part of my life , I have spent my summer holidays in Marrakech and Essaouira too . Please tell me some info about yours , I hope to hear from you .

SaƮd .
 Reply  Quote

Re: hello
August 02, 2009 12:38AM
hi im hoping to come and live in morocco in early 2010 we will get married there my fiancee is from karibga im from uk i been to casa for 1 day its ok but i prefer to live in tangier or tetuan what sort of rent will i pay for a small house any info where do we look for rentals ect would be apreciated thankd teresa
 Reply  Quote

August 26, 2009 05:15AM
>where do we look for rentals ect

If I were you, looking to rent in Tangier, I would ask the concierge (caretaker) in every apartment block in the centre of town. They quite often have empty apartments to let, and at cheaper prices than agencies. Maybe try the blocks on Rue Prince Heritier, Rue Uruguay and Rue Hollande.
 Reply  Quote

August 27, 2009 02:17PM
we want to rent a house apartments are not suitable for us
 Reply  Quote

hi patsy,

i am moving to Marrakech permanently in August from London. You wrote this post a while ago so you are probably all settled in now. I know Marrakech well, but don't know many people - it would be great if we could start up a conversation.

Take care and I hope you are having fun.
Fran
 Reply  Quote

Hello Patsy
Can u tell me as much as possible about living in Marrakesch, for example health care, rent prices AND EVERYTHING ELSE RELEVANT FOR AFAMILY considering to move there at some time.
I plan to come and see Marrakesch in Winterholidays (January/February ) Can u advise on a resonable room for me and my daughter 13 and maybe two sisters that might join as well?
thanks a lot
Sarah-Rena
 Reply  Quote

hi im teresa from devon im planning on moving to morocco to get married in january -febuary whats it like living there i spent 3 weeks there 1 in maraksh 2 in agadaire we want to move to tangier so its near the ferry to gib for shopping in english supermarket what is an average rent there per month can you tell me my fiancee is from karigba
 Reply  Quote

hi, also check out www.virtualtourist.com - a very friendly travel community - you can meet VTers who live in Marrakech and also meet travellers coming to Marrakech - you can share your information in the forums and get to meet people there and also make your own pages to display your photos and experiences to share of Marrakech etc.

all the best.
If i could live 2 or 3 lives I would be living in Marrakech too!
 Reply  Quote

I lived in Marrakech for two years with my two children and Moroccan husband. I have decided this year to return to the UK as it is too difficult to live in Marrakecvh. I do not know rental prices as we bought our property outright but what I will say is don't do it unless you have very good French and a good understanding of the Moroccan people - its difficult to blend in. I was lucky half of my family are moroccan and still I was followed and harassed by men, its not an easy option for a UK woman without hejab!
 Reply  Quote

Hi there, I know it's been more than a year since you posted here... but, we are hiring native speakers from UK for part time job as French to English (UK) translators, in Marrakech.

So if you are interested or if you know people who might be, please let me know.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map