Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Travelling with pets

Travelling with pets
May 16, 2002 09:33PM
Anonymous User
I am planning on coming to Malawi to work for six months or so and am wondering if I can bring my dog with me. How long would it have to stay in quarantine? If it is too long I will leave him in Canada.

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Quarantine
June 18, 2002 01:06PM
Anonymous User
I think your dog would have to go into quarantine for six months when you return from Malawi.

There are so many diseases your dog could be at risk from, I wonder, in my personal opinion, is it really worth putting your dog through that when its health could be in danger?

Good luck!
Clair.
 Reply  Quote

Pets
December 08, 2002 11:25PM
By len
Also keep in mind that malnutrition is one of the most significant problems in Malawi. There's something about giving a dog good food and living conditions while the people outside your walls are suffering from beriberi andworse...with an average life expectancy between 38 (CIA figures) and 46 years (Govt of Malawi figures).

Just a thought. That part of the world has suffered quite a bit from colonialism. The gap between the well-off and everyone else is much larger than most persons from "first world" countries can even grasp...until they're there. As for the dog...it's just a respect thing. It seems to me having a pet while traveling in country just rubs (relative) privilege in the face of hungry people.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map