Selous is the largest game reserve in Africa covering an area the size of Switzerland, Selous is possibly Africa's last great wilderness. Despite its size, however, this UNESCO World Heritage site has only a handful of high-end safari camps, allowing it to maintain a low-impact exclusivity that is granted by few parks elsewhere.
Opportunities for foot safaris and game walks, boat explorations and the classic 4WD safari in open vehicles add a further unique element to the Selous safari and ensure its reputation for pure bush adventure remains untarnished by volume.
Selous stands unique amongst the major safari destinations of Africa in offering a wider range of safaris than the traditional 4WD-based vehicle safari. Boating explorations along the Rufiji River are a wild and adventurous safari experience as can be had, cruising amongst hippos, crocodiles and a full checklist of water birds, and getting closer to the attendant wildlife that drinks from the bank, as any other method would allow.
Elsewhere, the game walks with armed ranger and guide allow a privileged viewpoint of the game that teems along the riverine
Arrive, Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
On your arrival you will be met and transferred to the hotel in Dar es Salaam for Dinner and overnight
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Selous
After break fast, drive from Dar es Salaam to selous, arrive at Ndovu Lodge and have lunch, after lunch, have Boat Safari(Optional), Dinner and overnight at Ndovu Lodge. FB
Day 2: Selous Game Reserve
After breakfast, drive inside the park Continued with Game drive, At 1:00pm drive to Tagalala campsite, set camps plus lunch. After lunch, you will have late afternoon game drive, and then return to campsite for dinner and overnight Tagalala campsite. FB
DAY 3: Selous Game Reserve (Walking)
- After breakfast, Drive to Mtemere game post inside Selous, start hiking with assistance of Selous game rangers. At 12:00noon, return to campsite for lunch. After lunch have 2 hours walking safari to hot spring, swim and then drive back to Ndovu lodge. You can do cultural tour at Mloka Village(Optional) Dinner and overnight at Ndovu Lodge. FB
Day 4: Selous – Dar es Salaam
After breakfast drive to Dar es Salaam to connect with your flight back home or continue with other activities.
- Transport from Dar es Salaam to Selous and return
- Use of cooking and eating utensils
- Drinking water for the hikes
- Game park fees
- Campsite fees
- Accommodation in permanent tents based on three meals a day
- Game ranger fees for hikes
- Game drive inside the park
- Campsite guards for security of hikers and their belongings
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- First night on your arrival in Dar es Salaam and last night after Safari (Day 4) - (Book with us)
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Dar es Salaam and return (Book with us)
- International flights fare (we can assist on request)
- Boat Safari (Can be arranged Maximum 6Pax)
- Passports and Visas
- Items of a personal nature
- And all not mentioned in the itinerary