Africa Guide
recommended trip :

how is the living cost in mombasa

how is the living cost in mombasa
September 27, 2010 11:28AM
Hi,
Actually i m going to a get a job in mombasa having salary 1,029,790 KES(12,636.9USD).i want to know is it sufficient to hapily stay there with food,rental house,car and other expences like doctor,travelling etc for a family with me, my wife and two children having 3 years & 1 years and also want to save some amount of money so please help me what i should do i will proceed or not.please mail me in this id santoprofaids@sify.com please help me as soon as possible.
 Reply  Quote

Re: how is the living cost in mombasa
September 28, 2010 07:12PM
By wagaki
Hi.it all depend what type of house u want.is your family big?
 Reply  Quote

Thanks for your respond dear actually in my family 4 members are there.a couple and two childrens.I just wanted to know how much money i would have to spent to mentain a standard life style. Please reply me as soon as posible please..
 Reply  Quote

September 30, 2010 07:18AM
By wagaki
Ok that wld cost u 150,000 kenya shilings every month.is the company housing u?
 Reply  Quote

September 30, 2010 07:15AM
By wagaki
Hi.which part of mombasa wil u b stay'g?
 Reply  Quote

September 30, 2010 07:17AM
By ROSAA
hi

Its a sufficient salary as cost of living in mombasa is not high i.e furnished house maximum kes 100,000/- exclusive area, schooling best school is like kes 100,000 per term, you can purchase a normal saloon car like Toyota Corolla wont cost more than kes 800,000/-. kindly contact me for further explanation and assistance.

Rose
 Reply  Quote

If it is per month, it is unbelievable high and you should hire an Safe & Security for all this big Money!

If it is per year, you can survive and MABY visit Touristplaces such as Tembo once per (or every second) month.

From my Knowledge, it's need to have KSH K80 to K120 for an "normal" life, everything what is above: your Pleasure smileys with beer
 Reply  Quote

November 02, 2010 08:27PM
By Duugu
This is seems like a joke, a salary of 12000Dollars even the big shots in the country dont take away home that much you have to be keen the company employing you might be under scrutiny by KACC Mr, PLO Lumumba is very very keen on his work
 Reply  Quote

February 11, 2011 01:44PM
First up; this is a dangerous post anywhere in the world, and even worse in the developing world. No one, and I mean no one talks about how much they take home in a public forum. It just is the kind of information that attracts hooligans.
That said, if this is your monthly (and I imagine it could well be annual as most foreigners tabulate their money) then you are in awesome company.
Here is my best counsel; set aside some 2000USD and come to Kenya, Mombasa, and take up hotel accommodation for a week. Within that week, get in touch with your fellow workers. They will help you find accommodation, and find your way around at incredibly low rates. Then buy some investment and make more money here. (Chuckle...). The merit there is, it is highly unlikely that a person you work with will cheat you here on matters of tenancy, food and accommodation.
Meanwhile, for goodness sakes, keep that figure way quiet! You are calling trouble upon yourself.
If you would like further counsel, you are welcome to contact me directly.
 Reply  Quote

I don't think the guy is serious because no one at all can quote his or her salary in a public forum.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map