Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Children??

Children??
October 20, 2004 09:07AM
By LANA
Hi everyone,
I would like to know something very important. I am to marry an Egyptian moslem and like you I am a christian. This is not the main problem however. I\m more interested in how I can persuade my future husband to let me take the children out of the country at anytime. I understand that when I marry I keep my maiden name and the children are by law, under his name and belong to him. Still I want to make sure I feel free to take my children out of the country; for example to see my parents, on holiday abroad etc. I would like to know if there is a written contract he could sign before marriage.... I want to add, once we are married, we'll live in Cairo and hence the children will be born there....
Anyone who could help me....please...thanx....
 Reply  Quote

ur missing the point
October 20, 2004 09:39PM
Anonymous User
I don't think it's wise to undermine your marriage like that with this level of mistrust so early in the relationship. If you both agree on those trips they will happen as planned, if you have a falling out, there will be a custody problem and you won't be able to take the kids out of the country (without his consent).

LANA if you trust him enough to marry him you should have faith that you two can come to a reasonable agreement on such issues.
 Reply  Quote

Indeed
October 21, 2004 08:48AM
By LANA

I know what you mean and I totally agree with you. He is the sweetiest guy, really, and I want him to stay like this. I don't want him once married, to change. And the children issue is what buggs me. Anyway I would take your advice and think over....Cheers.
 Reply  Quote

dont worry
November 20, 2004 11:36PM
Anonymous User
dont worry Lana, if u decide at any time to leave egypt it is to call your embassy to get your children that in case he refused.
i saw a case like that before and it was easy to solve.
 Reply  Quote

to Rani
December 05, 2004 01:12PM
By LANA
thank for your message, Rani. sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked the forum for a while.
I do my best that me and my future husband to communicate as much as we can and not end up at the embassy. If it's impossible to come to terms with him, then I will address the embassy. All the best.
 Reply  Quote

dont attempt
December 10, 2004 02:31PM
Anonymous User
hi there have u seen cant remember the name of the movie but the woman got married to a iranian wow that guy changed when he reached iran , so watch out aftet this muslim chaps they aint good at all especailly women according to muslim law are not supposed to question their husband ok, so im just want you to have a good future ok
regards
xfiles
 Reply  Quote

dont mind
November 30, 2005 10:17AM
By mosa
it is ok lana

ami_ala_210@hotmail.com
 Reply  Quote

comment
November 30, 2005 11:15AM
it is strange to give advise based on a movie, anyway I would like to correct your info. Muslim never stop women to question her husband, this only happen in the media you watch. if you are in Cairo or coming to cairo, I rather make you visit some families and see by your eyes a completely different story that you see in movies.
my advise to the lady please take more time to know him better, as you still mistrusdt him, so please never marry unless you gain the full trust.
thank yopu for your understanding.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map