Africa Guide
recommended trip :

getting to egypt by land or sea

getting to egypt by land or sea
April 28, 2004 09:14AM
Anonymous User
Hi everyone. I am planning one of those stupid ideas of travelling around the world without air transport. I would like to get from europe to Egypt then Saudi Arabia and possibly somewhere like Jeddah before crossing to the Oman and then on to India. The bit about getting from Europe to Egypt is proving a little difficult at the moment. Most sites I look at say that ferry travel from the Greek islands to Egypt are suspended. I notice that a few people on this forum have had difficulties too and have chosen to fly. My trip isn't until next year so maybe ferries will be running again by then. If in the mean time anyone has any other suggestons, please let me know. Cheers.
 Reply  Quote

Overland to Egypt (and Saudi-Arabia)
April 29, 2004 05:50AM
Anonymous User
YOU CAN NOT GO AS A FREIGHT SHIP PASSENGER TO EGYPT, the Egyptian authorities do not allow neither embarking nor disembarking from freighters by passengers. One way is to go by train from Istanbul to Halab (Aleppo)(through sleeping car once a week), from Halab to Dimashq (Damascus)(daily), from Dimashq to Amman (Mondays and Thursdays), by taxi (or maybe bus) to the Aquaba Bay and by ferry to Egypt across Aquaba.

But can you go to and through Saudi-Arabia?! You will hardly get a tourist visa for individual travel through that country.
 Reply  Quote

Saudi
April 29, 2004 08:54AM
Anonymous User
My route is not a definate one at the moment. Having looked at an official UK site the advice they gave reference visa's for Saudi said "All visitors, including pilgrims, require a visa to enter Saudi Arabia. In Line with recent changes to the visa process, all applicants should now apply for visas through a visa agency accredited to the royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. Details of the process and agencies can be obtained from the royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia:" Once my route is settled, I would contact them and see what they had to say.
Thanks for the other info.
 Reply  Quote

passenger freighter Oman to Spain
November 01, 2004 03:19PM
Anonymous User
I am looking for a passanger freighter from Oman ( Muscat) to Spain ( any port) in April/May 2005.
Does such a service exist?
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map