Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Ferry Italy - Egypt

Ferry Italy - Egypt
March 16, 2004 01:50PM
By caro
I would like to know wheather there is a ferry between Italy and Egypt! What does it cost and how long does it take?! (timetable?!) Is it possible to take a car with? I am a student from Germany wanting to travel to Egypt by car... If you have any hints for me, please write to: Caro20@gmx.ch
Thanks a lot!!!
 Reply  Quote

Ferry to Egypt
March 17, 2004 07:32AM
Anonymous User
No, there hasn´t been passenger ships from Italy to Egypt for a long time. When I was in Bur Said (July 2001) there was a passenger ship going to Cyprus and possibly Pireus. But it is very difficult to obtain information about ship connections to Egypt and I know no more about this ship or whether it is still running. And you cannot travel by freight ship to and from Egypt - Egyptian authorities don´t allow it!

But by car you could go through Turkey, Syria and Jordan, and by ferry from Jordan to Egypt across the Aquaba Bay.
 Reply  Quote

Ferry to Egypt
July 17, 2004 01:13PM
Anonymous User
Apparently there has been a ferry from Greece to Egypt, but that has been suspended. I'm thinking to drive by motorbike from Belgium to Egypt, but am a bit deterred by all the hassle to get through those countries just for a ride to Egypt... Thanks Matz for the tip on the ferry between Jordan to Egypt, was not sure that was possible.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map