Africa Guide
recommended trip :

TransAfrica (London to Cape Town) Oct 2008

Hi,

We're 2 South Africans planning to drive from London to Cape Town in October 2008. We've already bought our vehicle, a rugged Land Rover Defender, 200Tdi and are now looking for some companions to join us in convoy!

At this stage we've not yet decided which route will be best, but options are:
1. Morocco - Mauritania - Mali - @#$%& - Chad - Sudan - then down East Africa
2. Tunisia - Libya - Egypt - Sudan and down?
Then we'd like to travel through Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and into South Africa.

With borders closing/opening all the time and things being so uncertain (particularly in Sudan and Chad for instance), we anticipate only settling on a route closer to the time.

We're planning on spending 6 months in total, and really want to experience real Africa, from the markets and mud mosques in the north, to the desert, the mountains, big game on the savannahs, meeting amazing local people and having an incredible 4x4 adventure while we're doing it...

Please use the SEND ME AN EMAIL link under this post to get in touch if you've done a trip like this (we'd love to get your advice on things like how to pack the vehicle and which rooftop tent is the best!) or are considering one...

Cheers!
 Reply  Quote

in africa!
March 19, 2008 09:59AM
Anonymous User
hey, how are your plans coming along? i am hoping to do it next year... i know some people who are currently in mali on the first route you mentioned, will try get you some info if you still need it.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map