Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Gambia

Gambia
September 26, 2001 12:32PM
Anonymous User
Does anyone know of anywhere nice and chilled to stay in Gambia on the beach that isn't a concrete hotel nightmare surrounded by security guards and razor wire where you could be in any one of 50 countries, but is somewhere quiet, relaxed and peaceful that feels like Africa? Something like a beach cottage or a really small quiet family-run hotel?

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Gambia!!
October 07, 2001 07:40PM
Anonymous User
I was in the Gambia for 2 weeks in March 2001 and did not see any razor wire as for guards they are only there to stop the 'bumpsters' from ripping off the tourists,as they will if anyone is stupid enough to believe them.
I stayed at The Atlantic Hotel in Banjul has its own bird gardens, though the beach is small as it is eroding.The Pama Rima in Kololi is suppose to be good and has a better beach.
If you really want to check out the Bird Safari Camp though there is no beach but you do get to stay in a hut a great experience I can assure you but one night was enough for me.
 Reply  Quote

Lodge on the beach
November 11, 2001 01:20PM
Anonymous User
There is a very nice, but basic, lodge on the beach called Lebato in Bakau. If you can't find it, go to Badala Park Hotel and walk for about 3 km along the beacht northwards. Have a great time!

Camille
 Reply  Quote

Lodge in Gambia
November 11, 2001 01:31PM
Anonymous User
Sorry, I had to look for the details first. Therefore this second message.

There is another lodge on the beach in a place called Tangi. It's about 15-20 km south of Bakau. If you are entering Tangi, just over the bridge on your right hand side, there is a small lodge. It's oposite some kinde of (new) camelriding attraction (not attracting much people by the way).

Camille
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map