Africa Guide
recommended trip :

St Augustines Mission Penhalonga

St Augustines Mission Penhalonga
September 09, 2002 02:31PM
Anonymous User
Hello,

I was so excited to read about St Augustines, I was a form 1 student in 1975 and left to join the Liberation struggle of ZImbabwe form St Augustines and have always been attached to the school. I would also be grateful if the donation was given to the orphage as suggested in an earlier message.

God Bless you.
 Reply  Quote

St Augustines
September 10, 2002 04:30AM
By wilma
Hi Vikki,

We visited St Augustines Mission in july 2002.I always was interested in Tendai Pfepferere who was shot there at the end of the struggle and I tried to find out more about him. There is a gravestone at the local cemetary put there by the priest that was at the mission at the time.The priest lives in Britain now where I visited him and he told me a lot about the situation in the seventies. The children in the orphanage are in bad condition. Hardly sufficient clothes and food and lots had running noses.
 Reply  Quote

School dresses (age 5-11)
August 20, 2001 05:05AM
Anonymous User
Would anyone like to have <100 Junior school summer dresses? Available due to a change in uniform. They are washable and in good condition. I'm collecting the replaced dresses and will send them to any school or orphanage that could use them.
 Reply  Quote

schooluniforms
August 20, 2001 05:36AM
By wilma
Please contact sister Elisabeth at the orphanage at St Augustines Mission in Penhalonga. They are always in desperate need of good clothing.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map