Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Zanzibar

Zanzibar
March 19, 2001 10:48PM
Anonymous User
I am taking my 12yr old son alone to East Africa through a reputable Tour Company, but am winging it alone with him to Zanzibar. I was wondering if anyone knows the actual safety of traveling alone with a young child (he has traveled abroad before)as a young woman? I really want to go, but his safety is my main concern. Thanks
 Reply  Quote

tanzania
March 28, 2001 01:18PM
By Jim
i have just returned from a month of traveling throughout tanzania using public and private transportation. i never had one problem with anyone, but then i am a tall male so maybe that helped? the people are extremely helpful and most speak english. i did not make it to zanzibar - i didn't want to hassle with a 2 hour boat ride so we just stayed in dar es salaam. i did meet two young isreali men who enjoyed zanzibar so it must be relatively safe. have fun smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

Zanzibar With Your 12yr Old Son
April 03, 2001 02:14PM
Anonymous User
Hi Aimee.......I was in Zanzibar at the end of Jan for 2 weeks(I'm planning a Photo Tour there) You will have no trouble with your son, believe me. It's safe, and even though the oppostion party held demonstrations while I was there, I saw to violence.

Go and enjoy!

Regards,
Steve
www.steveoutram.com
 Reply  Quote

Zanzibar
May 05, 2001 03:26PM
Anonymous User
We spent quite a bit of time in Tanzania and were in Zanzibar right at the time of the 'trouble' but saw no problems at all. You will be fine ... like all African countries, try not to look like a tourist though and hang onto your handbag etc. Otherwise you'll be perfectly safe.

Bye,
Terry
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map