Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Malaria-prophylaxe

Malaria-prophylaxe
September 17, 2001 06:34AM
Anonymous User
In a few days we are going to krugerpark, swaziland and kwazulunatel. I know, we need a malaria-prophylaxe. can somebody tell me whats the prices of chloroquine + proguanil (daramal + paludrin) in southafrica? In Germany it is very, very, very expensive. Lariam is dangerous I heard. Thank you.
 Reply  Quote

Malaria prophylax
September 17, 2001 07:56AM
Anonymous User
How dangerous Lariam is, is VERY individual. I took it myself from Mid April to end of July without problems (except when I was silly enough to take it on empty stomach, on a train from Dar-es-Salaam to the Victoria Lake).

But are you really sure that you need Malaria prophylax in the areas whereto you are going?

In any case, if there are Malaria mosquitoes in the area you will be visiting, do not trust the prophylax too much, but avoid the mosquitoes by using mosquito netting when sleeping and mosquito oil or similar!
 Reply  Quote

Lariam
October 18, 2001 06:38AM
By willi
>In a few days we are going
>to krugerpark, swaziland and kwazulunatel. I
>know, we need a malaria-prophylaxe. can
>somebody tell me whats the prices
>of chloroquine + proguanil (daramal +
>paludrin) in southafrica? In Germany it
>is very, very, very expensive. Lariam
>is dangerous I heard. Thank you.
>

Hallo Ellis,
i wouldn't recommend Lariam at all, it "might" screw up your vacation a bit due to the side-eefects.
The other staff you mentioned, i agree with the other "poster", beside that you have to take the
tabletts for 5 straight weeks,if you braek in between there are useless. So the best is, take a bit care that you don't get bitten to often ( this works for me since 3 years now..). Anyway, if you want to take them, buy them here in every Pharmacy, it's cheaper i believe.
Viel spass beim Hippo Hunting & Crocodile wrestling
willi

By the way; falls du noch irgendwelche infos brauchst meld dich im forum oder wifah@web.de..
leb hier seid einiger zeit.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map