Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Safety in Johanesberg

Safety in Johanesberg
June 29, 2002 08:22AM
Anonymous User
I will be travelling to johanesburg to write an exam in November this year from Zambia. My worry is safety in your Country.How safe are we those Coming to write International Examinations in you Country? Me personally i need a safe hotel near my exam centre in johanesburg.Kindly give me more details on safety in this town and some good safe hotels around johanesburg. You know some of us it is a taboo to see Blood or indeed witness a fight.
 Reply  Quote

Johannesburg
June 29, 2002 11:43AM
Anonymous User
I am not South African. I was a Scandinavian tourist in Southern and East Africa in April-June last year. I went by train all the way from Cape Town to Dar-es-Salaam and Mwanza, and also to Maputo. On some trains, like Komatipoort-Maputo, Livingstone-Kapiri Mposhi and Dar es Salaam-Mwanza I was the only "muzunga" (white man) on board, as I was on the dhow from Zanzibar to Mombasa. I even visited and walked around in Nairobbery. But the three times I changed trains in Johannesburg, I never ever left the railway station. A colleague of mine who was there half a year later did so, and was immediately robbed.
 Reply  Quote

Safty
July 20, 2002 10:03AM
Anonymous User
You are from Zambia, and are woried about safty in JHB? You should know that the stories are very over rated. Just use your brains and you will be fine just as you have to do in Zambia.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map