Africa Guide
recommended trip :

living

living
September 26, 2001 04:40PM
Anonymous User
Let us not forget that many parts of Africa are so poor because the spred of disease is very rapid. In places like Angola, Zambia and Mozambique, the people are just not educated well enough. Half the population is under the age of adult and most of these childern are orphaned. AIDS is killing off over ten million people in Africa and many countries have corupt governments, oppressing their very own people.
 Reply  Quote

Living
March 13, 2001 08:49PM
Anonymous User
Why do people in Afruca live so poor?
What do they have to do to earn a living? I'm just
a freshmen, but already I have to work to support
my child. Please Help Me Out!!!
 Reply  Quote

Poor people in Africa and elsewhere
March 14, 2001 04:34AM
Anonymous User
Your question is short and requires hundreds of pages to answer. First of all, Africa is a huge continent, with a lot of countries, every country with its own predictions. The reason for poverty can be flooding, other natural catastrophes, corruption, over-population, lack of justice and democracy, very often lack of water. If you look at a world map of where there is plenty of water and a world map of the rich countries, you will find them very similar. Secondly, all Africans are not poor. You will find people with an enormous variety of living standard in Africa as well as on other continents. The main thing is however to be able to support yourself.
 Reply  Quote

Facts over Opinion
June 12, 2001 03:06PM
By EB
Let us remember that Africa has been a victim of cultural imperialism and genocide. VAST DEPOPULIZATION of Africa occurred during the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE !!!!! Many millions of people were extracted or killed somehow during the process. After 15-20 million people are "missing"... who is left to tend to such a HUGE CONTINENT ? Do want to talk more about this ? email.
 Reply  Quote

Do you have the facts and we others only opinions?
July 27, 2001 04:26AM
Anonymous User
Excuse me, but in very many parts of the world (including present Tanzania) it seems to me that over-population is a bigger problem than under-population. Now, there has been a lot of slave-trade from Africa other than the Trans-Atlantic one, some Kenyan daily papers claim that there still is an Arab slave-trade of Africans.
But Africa of course suffers from the fact that invaders always made the rules, first the Arabs, then the Indians and then the Europeans.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map