Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Marrying in Morocco while unemployed

Marrying in Morocco while unemployed
December 25, 2010 02:16PM
Hello! I am planning on marrying my fiance in Morocco and I'm in the process of gathering the necessary paperwork. I understand I need to provide some kind of proof of employment or income, but I am currently unemployed. I receive payments from my unemployment insurance, but I have no been employed since last year. Will this prevent me from getting married? Would showing last year's taxes or my unemployment payments help? Just to be clear, I'm not asking about what I need for immigration purposes or to bring my fiance to the United States, I'm just asking about whether the Moroccan officials will give us a marriage certificate if the American female cannot demonstrate proof of employment.

Thanks, all!
 Reply  Quote

Hi there can anyone help me, I am unemployed at present, I plan to marry my moroccan fiance in the summer of July 2011. What are the necessary papers that I need, as every web site is different? Please Help.

Am I able to marry in morocco even if im not working?

What are the fees for me to marry in morocco?????? Please help.xx
 Reply  Quote

Anybody? Thank you!
 Reply  Quote

Hey I got married in Morocco. I am a female, and I am self employed in Canada. I just brought my tax return for proof of income, doctors letter from canada, police record from canada, birth certificate, late husbands death certificate (which they kept) I should have made a copy before hand for them and kept the original myself. I also needed to get a police report from Morocco (police head quarters in Rabat), and a doctors certificate of health from a doctor in Morocco, and copies of my passport and about 5 or 6 pictures of me. Then once you get all this paper work done, you need to get the police to give you some other kind of papers and signatures (a Ladoul will tell you what you need to do), and thats where we had to greese them all in that station in Casablanca, so that they would sign right away, other wise they make you wait for ever, like days and weeks. We wanted to get all the papers done asap cause I had to leave in 2 weeks. Anyways it took almost that long to get ever paper signed and dotted and translate all my Canadian papers to Arabic. A marriage in Morocco is just a whole lot of paper work and money. Oh ya you also have to take all these papers to a notarie and leave it with him to sit on his desk for another few days, or greese him to do the papers right away. The more money you throw at your marriage papers, the sooner they will get done. then after all that, you can have a party and if you are looking for a place to go for a honey moon in Morocco High Atlas, let me know. I have a place for you.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map