Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Budget for a family of 5 in Mauritius

Budget for a family of 5 in Mauritius
November 07, 2008 11:41AM
I am being offered a job in Mauritius. I have a wife and 3 kids (ages 11, 9 and 7). Could someone give me an idea of the following:

1. What is the rental of a 3 or 4 bedroom house next to the beach, or very close?

2. Cost of private schools. Which schools would you recommend?

3. Cost of food. A tipical monthly budget for a family of 2 parents with 3 children.

4. Car rental. Not fancy, just a good family car.

5. How much would it cost to have a live-in maid and nanny?

6. Do people speak English all the time, or is French creole the main language and English is only spoken by most as a second language?

7. Which are the nicer beaches on the island? Specially the ones closer to Port Louis.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Regards,

E. Banuchi
 Reply  Quote

Some Budgets
November 12, 2008 09:38AM
The costs can be high when you add it all up. I will try and give you a few, but remember, it depends on your lifestyle.

1. Rental can cost from 20000 all the way up. This will be expensive as its on the beach. 20000 will get you the basic.

2. school is around 10000 per month. There is an english school in floreal called alexander high school for kids between 4 and 10 i think.

3. 20000 to 30000... maybe more if you eating out and.

4. short term car rental can be around 1500 a day, but that is short term. maybe half that or less if you want to get it for like 6 months or year.

5. Full time maid is around 4-5ooo a month, that is 9-5 mon to fri. live in maid is not common here so not sure.

6. French and creole are the main spoken language, but most people can speak english.

7. Not sure. The closest good ones i know about are flic en flac and grand bay.

You could try these guys if you want.

www.mauritiusrelocationservices.com

They do whole packages or help with just a few things. If you want help with something specific, you will get a real personal touch with them.

Hope this helps

http://www.islandinfo.mu
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Mauritius
November 18, 2008 07:14AM
I would say rental starts from Rs15,000. Near the beach, depending on the property.. it may start around Rs25,000.

My daughter is at Clavis School in Moka. We pay Rs7,500 per month. She is 5. This school runs the International Baccalaureat system. Earlier she was at the SAfe and Sound school in Quatre Bornes and we were paying Rs3,500 a month for pre-primary.

Full time maid is around Rs6000-7000. The pay rate has slightly increased.

I've checked their website, they are an expat company run by expat. They will surely understand the needs of expatriates.. but I'm a bit hesitate whether they know the 'backstage' Mauritius.. like a native Mauritian?
 Reply  Quote

Best BEaches
November 18, 2008 07:20AM
NORTH: Mont Choisy, Trou aux Biches
SOUTH: Blue Bay (of Course!) & La Cambuse
EAST: Ile aux Cerfs & Belle Mare
WEST: Flic en Flac, La Preneuse, Tamarin, Le Morne...

Sid, the www.islandinfo.mu isn't working!
 Reply  Quote

Are you already in Mauritius? How are you coping with life here?

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map