Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Mauritian passport and visas

Mauritian passport and visas
February 17, 2004 04:49PM
By Mich
Could someone please help me, or direct me to where I could find information regarding obtainging a Mauritian passport. My father is Mauritian, however, I was born in South Africa - does this entitle me to a Mauritian passport ?

I'm also looking for information regarding which countries I'd require visas for - should I obtain a Mauritian passport.

Many thanks,
Mich
 Reply  Quote

citizenship of mauritius
February 19, 2004 07:01AM
Anonymous User

Hi mich ,
basically you are entitled to have the mauritian passport as it is said in the mauritian constitution

BY DESCENT

A person born outside Mauritius is a citizen of Mauritius if either of his parents is a citizen of Mauritius by birth (Sections 20(3) and 23 of the Constitution)

Now , what you have to do is contact the nearest mauritian embassy.

Should you get your mauritian passport you would require visas for lots of countries. Any EUROPEAN countries. Mitch Ask the embassy in South africa relevant information about this. Ask also if you can keep your double nationality . So you can have two passports.

Good luck Mitch

Kayssaven
 Reply  Quote

mauritian passport
July 02, 2004 10:07AM
Anonymous User
I would like to when a person is born on Mauritius but leaves and goes to the UK before 1968. Does he has a UK passport ? Or a double passport ? Is it easy to return when you have left Mauritius ? Can everybody return ?
 Reply  Quote

mauritian passport
July 03, 2004 09:01AM
Anonymous User
Logically , you are still eligible for the passport. You can return.

Yet give me till monday , to confirm this , mirgam
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map