Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Accommodation

Accommodation
January 14, 2004 02:05PM
By jp
I intend to travel to Malawi in DEC 04 via Zambia.Can anybody reccomend backpackers and camping accommodation along the lake up to Nkhata Bay.What should I watch out for and what is "must see"Also what is the price of fuel diesel in Malawi and how availble is it ?Thanks in advance for the assistance
 Reply  Quote

Malawi "Rest Houses"
August 01, 2004 08:33AM
Nkhata Bay is a real nice spot.You can catch the Ferry service from there to many points on the Lake.
There are quite a few options there where you can stay.Just make sure there's running water and toilets before you commit to stay!
Farther south in Senga Bay there is an absolutley beautiful spot called "Cool Runnings" its a paradise and the owner and staff will make you feel at home!
You can pitch your tent for $2.00 US and they can lock up any valuables that you might not want to carry.Bar and food on sight (food is good to!)
Sandy beach right in front of the place.Namalenge Island is only 2kms off shore.Grounds are kept clean and neat.Dorms and rooms are availiable starting at $5.00 US/night.
You can e-mail Samantha at Coolrunnings@malawi.net
She can give you better diections than I could!
I WILL be going back next year.
 Reply  Quote

Pools on the Lake
October 09, 2004 04:48AM
Anonymous User
Can anyone tell me of other campsites/lodges on the lake (Senga Bay area and further North) with aswimming pool - other than Chinteche and Livingstonia?

Thanks

Una
 Reply  Quote

Lodges
October 11, 2004 08:34AM
By James
Ok, as someone who has now pretty much seen every lodge north of Senga Bay, here are the best. #1 Ngala Beach Lodge, stunning, cheap to camp & dorm, great bar/restaurant. #2 Kande Beach, more than just a campsite, diving, horse riding, watersports, massive party spot. #3 Makuzi, up-market but literally the most spectacular spot on the whole lakeshore. No need for a swimming pool when the lake is this crystal clear. #4 Nkwazi very very beautiful although again up-market. Skip Nkhata Bay, once an amazing stop, now a shithole of note. If you're really looking for a swimming pool & why would you be with the lake right there, Chinteche & Livingstonia are your only real options i'm afraid.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map