Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Zanzibar safety

Zanzibar safety
April 08, 2005 05:23PM
Hi,
I am going to Zanzibar on my honeymoon in January of 2006, and was just curious about safety there. Has anyone been recently? I've been reading a lot on-line saying that there are a lot of safety issues, and its scaring me a bit. Anyone have any good advice or knowledge? Much appreicated!!
 Reply  Quote

I was ther in November 2004
April 08, 2005 08:26PM
Anonymous User
I travelled North, South, East and West on Zanzibar and never saw anything that made me concerned for my safety, I have not heard any rumours about safety being an issue. Basically treate Zanzibar like any other East African country, sensibly ...

Congratulations and have a great time.

P.S. where exactly are you going to on Zanzibar maybe I or someone else has been there, after all it is a fair size island and can take 3 hrs from end to end in a cab, 5-6 hrs on a bus.

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

Thanks Phil
April 09, 2005 10:32PM
Glad to hear that. We are going to be staying at Breezes in the Southeast portion of the island. Can't wait to go...
 Reply  Quote

re breezes
April 09, 2005 10:54PM
Anonymous User
LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-05 AT 11:57 PM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-05 AT 11:56 PM (GMT)

Hi again - yes I have been there and had a personal tour of the whole place with the manager. Absolutely fantastic, serious luxury, all the watersports you can think of, exclusive restaurants, gorgeous beach, superb chalet/suites, you name it, its got it. Takes about an hour to get there from the airport, believe me, you will enjoy it..

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

Breezes
April 10, 2005 11:48PM
Thanks so much - we can't wait to go!!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map