Get to see the open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centerpiece of Mikumi, which draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains. Lions survey their grassy kingdom – and the zebra, wildebeest, impala and buffalo herds that migrate across it – from the flattened tops of termite mounds, or sometimes, during the rains, from perches high in the trees. Giraffes forage in the isolated acacia stands that fringe the Mkata River, islets of shade favoured also by Mikumi's elephants.
Day 1: Dar-es-Salaam - Mikumi National Park
Depart Dar es Salaam early in the morning to Mikumi. On arrival, lunch at the Lodge and thereafter lunch continue with afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Vuma Hills Tented Camp. Vuma Hills Tented Camp is situated in the spacious hillside of Mikumi National Park, just 4 hours of drive from Dar es Salaam, overlooking the Mkata plains and surrounding mountains. Each tent is designed to give you privacy and the comfort you desire with private bathrooms and hot water showers inside each tent along with custom made furniture. Wild animals can be seen on the camp grounds. (B, L, D)
Day 2: Mikumi National Park - Dar-es-Salaam
After breakfast, short game drive in the park, then drive back to Dar es Salaam arriving late in the afternoon
*Discount is available for groups of 3pax and above
- Park fees, and service of English Speaking driver guide
- Transport from Dar es Salaam to Mikumi and return, as well as transport within the park
- 1 night accommodation at Vuma Hills Tented Camp
- Full board accommodation with 3 meals a day and bottle of water during the safari
- A special Safari Jeep - Land Rover 110 or Toyota Land Cruiser - 4WDs will be provided.
- The vehicles are fitted with open-roof for game viewing and photographing.
- Game drive in the park: taking in the best times, early morning game drives and late afternoon game drives to Sunset
- Drinks (alcohol and non alcoholic)
- Tips to driver/guide
- Items of Personal nature
- International flights
- Hotels before and after Safari (book with us)
Our safaris are tailor made to suit our client’s needs, so should you require any changes or inclusions please complete the enquiry form below for more information