Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Moving to Cairo; Looking for a Room smiling smiley

Hey there,

I'm a Californian looking to move to Egypt around the first of September. I'm having a hard time finding a place online that I like for the right price. I'm not looking for anything fancy, nor do I even need a big room. I don't need my own place; I'm interested in renting out a room if someone has one available. I'm not looking to spend a lot, but I'm flexible. I'm only looking for 3 months at first, but if things go well in Cairo, then I'll definitely stay longer.

A little about me:
I don't smoke, though I do drink, but that'll probably stop once I get to Cairo. I just graduated from college and am interested in gaining experience in Egypt by improving my Arabic skills (I speak just a little), learning more about the culture, and enjoying myself while I do so, of course! I'm a laid-back, fun-loving guy who enjoys simple things and I'm pretty quiet when it comes to living situations (though I'll talk your ear off if you want me too! tongue sticking out smiley).

Anyway, if you're in need of a roommate or know of someone who is, and the price is not too high, then I'd love for you to send me a message on this forum or e-mail me at kdoggsd@aol.com.
**Even if you don't have/know of a place, any help (like good websites to find roommates) would be greatly appreciated!**

Shukran!
Kevin
 Reply  Quote

Hi Kev,

When we were in Cairo in February and then again in March 2009 we stayed at the Ismailia House Hotel on Midan Tahrir, opposite the Egyptian Museum.

We met an English guy there called Peter who had just got a job on the local newspaper. He had been trying for some time to rent a room and was somewhat disappointed with the places that he had gone to see as the commute into town was so long as the places were far from the centre and the rents were quite high. He told us that in the end he gave up looking and was renting a single room in the hotel at a negotiated reduced rate and enjoyed it a lot as he was not alone and was meeting new people there in his free time.

I just thought to mention this to you, Kev, as a possible idea for when you arrive in Cairo. If you are interested in doing this, maybe strike up a conversation with one of the hotel managers there - either Ashraf or Mustafa - and do give our regards to Peter - we often think of him!

I hope your trip goes well for you. All the best!
 Reply  Quote

Re: Moving to Cairo; Looking for a Room smiling smiley
September 19, 2009 10:26AM
By yassera
Hello ,
You are welcome in Egypt , I am Egyption working for global company and married from Nigerian lady so u can stay with us during ur course for free and u will be safe If u like please call me 0164365665 My name is Yasser
 Reply  Quote

Contact me on yah2oo@hotmail.com , and am sure am gona find u a really good place to stay at =)
Cheers
Alfie xox
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map