Africa Guide
recommended trip :

parks in east africa

Game parks
June 20, 2002 12:51PM
Anonymous User
Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to East Africa for Aug-Sep in East Africa. What parks?

Am planning to have own car, and do some "independent-styled" travel. (I.e., pick-up local guides/scouts, rather than go with companies from USA.)

Suggestions of parks?
Thanks,
John@overton.name
 Reply  Quote

parks in east africa
June 20, 2002 07:06PM
By Ellen
hi john,

i think you should check out the "lonely planet" guide to east africa. they have lots of information on the parks, including which ones are locally owned and managed (and therefore worth supporting).

best,

ellen
 Reply  Quote

parks in east africa
June 25, 2002 05:26AM
Anonymous User
As independent as you would like to be in africa its not the same in context as a transamerican independent drive. For sure tthere are security issues you have to look into. If you are set to do this do it with a group of people, more than two. Otherwise if you are really set on doing this Tanzania would be my choice of desitnation, reason being its safer than Kenya. Set up the trip from dar es salaam and see how that pans out. better still try and get intouch with someone can arrange a car for you there. Try and see whether the major car rental commpany like hertz or avis can get you a car there instead.
good luck ..
 Reply  Quote

East African Prks
July 04, 2002 07:26PM
By Dave
Jon
You should concentrate on Tanzania if you really want the African experience. Arusha national park at Arusha is one you can do without a guide although you will be hustled anyway.
Also there is Tarangire and Manyara parks which cater for self drive no guide required.
The Ngorogoro crater is really cool but you need the guide
Try contacting the following
tzphotosafaris@habari.co.tz and get in touch with Pratik or Sonia.
Hope this helps.
Also check out the safisafaris website and contact Willie or Jo
 Reply  Quote

"Game Parks"
September 25, 2002 06:28AM
By Ryan
Hi John

I live in South Africa and have travelled Africa and East Africa extensively. Feel free to email me and I can try and answer any questions you may have.

Regards

Ryan
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map