Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Ago and Ame

Need Help please
October 04, 2003 01:48AM
Anonymous User
I need help with just a couple of words.

Agó and Amé

this one is an African language but i don't know which one. So if guys could help me just a little, it will be VERY appreciated. smiling smiley.

thank you!
 Reply  Quote

words
October 11, 2003 11:09PM
Anonymous User
I think that Ago` is but im not sure. there could be a website that tells some words of the african language.
 Reply  Quote

Solution
October 23, 2003 12:43PM
Anonymous User
Try Altavista.com There is a translating component which you could use. GOOD LUCK!
 Reply  Quote

Re
October 24, 2003 06:44PM
By nat
its my tribal language.

Ago and Ame is a greeting and response, respectively
 Reply  Quote

Ago and Ame
January 12, 2004 09:15PM
By Susan
Ago and Ame

When one wants to enter a room and does not want to budge in in case whoever is in would have to tidy up self or one wants to show curtesy and respect one then says 'Ago' and if it is ok for the person knocking to enter, whoever is in the room then responds 'Ame' , This is a Ghanian Language of the Ashanti tribe
 Reply  Quote

Ago...Ame
June 03, 2007 06:20PM
By Akhti
ago means 'are you listening?', and ame means 'you have my attention'. it is used in ceremony and in every day. i don't know it's origins, but we say it all the time. it is respectfull. a child will not say 'ago' to an adult, but he or she may say it to an audience that contains adults, to get the crowd's attetion.
 Reply  Quote

"Ago...Ame"
June 03, 2007 06:53PM
By Akhti
oh, and it's like 'exuse me'... 'you are pardonded' and, 'i greet you'... 'i acknowlege and return your greeting'
it's for respect.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map