Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Scam

Beware of business proposal.
January 12, 2003 08:17PM
Anonymous User
I am receiving at least 1 message every week asking some business proposal by some people from some african countries (they start to call themselves "I am the son of the president"...)

The business is always the same: they are looking for a current bank account to be credited with foolish millionaire amounts, rewarding you with a % of the amount.

I NEVER gave my data, but would like to warn the reader and who built this site to avoid and be aware of this, hoping this site could not get the vehicle for few to find possible targets.

I want to go on with my studies of african culture without being hassled by these attempts of fraud.

Ciao
Filippo
 Reply  Quote

Scam
January 13, 2003 10:06AM
Anonymous User
Unfortunately this scam has been going on for at least 5 or 6 years now and is covered in great detail elsewhere on the Internet.

>>I NEVER gave my data, but would like to warn the reader and who built this site to avoid and be aware of this, hoping this site could not get the vehicle for few to find possible targets.

You do not need to give your data, they send the email to all possible variations within a domain and hope to hit lucky.

Unbeleivably there are occasional people who fall for it, but now there are an increasing number of people who spend time making arrangements with the scammers and then leave them high and dry and so eventually the scammers will not know a genuine catch from a bogus one and will have to give up the scam as they find out what its like to have their time wasted.

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map