Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Marriage in Agadir

Marriage in Agadir
March 24, 2013 04:04AM
By Wammar
Anyone got married in Agadir recently? I am from the UK and want to marry my Moroccon fiance. I have a few questions

1. Can you get the no objection certificate and certificate of nationality from the British Honorary consulate in Agadir? Do I have to travel to Rabat for this with my future wife?
2. I may have trouble getting my certificate of no impediment in time (there is a 3 month que at the registry office). I know I can get one from Morocco but do I have to wait 21-42 days there to obtain it like in the UK? I was reading a previous thread [www.africaguide.com]

where the second poster seems to have purchased it from there without indicating a waiting period. I have also spoken to a friend who said I should just be able to get it on the spot in Morocco from Rabat but would just have to pay an inflated fee. This doesn't sound right to me so I was just wondering what others thought?

3. Could I use a single status affidavit instead of a no impediment certificate?
4. How long does the police check take in Rabat?
 Reply  Quote

Re: Marriage in Agadir
March 24, 2013 11:12AM
By INDIAN
email this morrocolawyer@gmail.com he is the one who help me to do my own
 Reply  Quote

March 24, 2013 05:28PM
By Wammar
Could you elaborate? Did he make you a single status affidavit?
 Reply  Quote

December 17, 2014 04:19AM
Hi. I am U.S. Citizen just last month I got married to my girlfriend from Agadir we had meet online. Believe me we could finish the whole process in 10 days time. This is only because I was muslim and we had her family helping us all the way through. We spend quite a bit just to get the process completed. If you have connections and willing to spend some money you could be married within a week's time. the paper-work is so much, I have seen nothing like it. I am now back in LA trying to sell my property and moving to Agadir. Lovely city.
If interested write back to my email bizconsultantusa@aol.com I will ask my wife to connect you with those people who assisted us. Good luck.
 Reply  Quote

September 10, 2016 03:41PM
By lizsnap
To be honest I googled what do I need in documents to marry a Moroccan resident I am from UK
Police check
Birth certificate
Divorce papers if divorced
Medical certificate from Moroccan doctor
Police check from Moroccan police
because I am female I don't need employment proof
And a paper about my religion
Papers in English need to be translated into Arabic
If you go on to website it will explain all and what and where you have to go most of it is in Rabat hope this helps
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map