Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: marriage in Morocco

marriage in Morocco
December 27, 2008 07:48PM
Hi,i'm Lithuanian and my fiance is Moroccan.We want to get married in Morocco but i don't know what documents i need.The problem is that neither Morocco has the Lithuanian embassy nor Lithuania has the Moroccan embassy.Can any European help me who has or had the same situation?Can someone share experience and tell me what documents i need?
 Reply  Quote

"Documents required"
March 23, 2009 06:56AM
By Younes
I think he will not find a visa problems i think he should go to the UK consulate in Morocco they will give him all information, instruction to follow and forms that you will need maybe you can see that in their website you google UK consulate in morocco and you might find the website and for the marriage is going to be a Moroccan one i mean with the government of morocco and this marriage certificate and forms that he is going to get from the consulates and he will collect all documents that he needs in they instruction what is going to qualify you fiance to get his visa .

NB: you will also have document to send it to your state too .

Have a good day
 Reply  Quote

August 02, 2009 12:50AM
hi you will need a certificate of non impediment from the registry office also birth certificate and police record or check medical card im getting married to a moroccan soon to good luck teresa
 Reply  Quote

Re: Documents required
August 02, 2009 12:55AM
hi im teresa also getting married to moroccan im moving there soon as unless you have a good job or saving up to £6000 its not easy to get him a visa my freind is going through it all now she got married in january and is still trying to get her husband a visa im not working got no money so i have to go and live there we will work with my van there mabee market traders or something have you got a certificate of non inpediment from regestry office it cost £3o and also a police check or criminal record full birth certificate medical card you take this to the nearest uk consulate and then you get a paper which cost aprox £100 then you go to the family court and book the wedding good luck teresa
 Reply  Quote

August 09, 2009 08:12PM
Hi my name is veronica an i live in the US i want to marry my boyfriend he is a morocco person i want to know what do i need cause i was born in Mexico and got my permanent resident card an i been living her in united states for 20 yrs. I have a child an he is a US Citizen i want to take him with me what do i need . An i want to know what papers i need so i can move over their to live with him an get married if someone could help me i would be really thankful
 Reply  Quote

August 11, 2009 06:41AM
Hi ,I'm a canadian woman getting married to a moroccan man .Can anyone tell me what papers are needed,and how long before he can come here to live.Thanks
 Reply  Quote

August 21, 2009 04:36PM
I read all the inquaries to getting married in morrocco. My finance lives their and wants to get marry their but the forms that i am needed to get marry their has to be translated and have no clue where to get it done here in tn? Also if we marry their how much does the stamps cost for it to be stamped with the police the embassy and etc. I like to have enought save up to do this. and also does he come back with me after we are married or what is the guildlines for that to happen. and if i have forgotten something that I didnt ask and need to know please help.
 Reply  Quote

December 02, 2009 06:53PM
By samlaw
U CAN CONTACT MR ISAIAH WHO HELP MY FRIEND TO TRAVEL TO UK.HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE MOROCANS EMBASSY,U CAN TRY TO CONTACT HIM ON mrisaiah.intlimg@gmail.com b4 he goes on retire.
 Reply  Quote

July 20, 2014 11:06PM
samlaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> U CAN CONTACT MR ISAIAH WHO HELP MY FRIEND TO
> TRAVEL TO UK.HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE MOROCANS
> EMBASSY,U CAN TRY TO CONTACT HIM ON
> mrisaiah.intlimg@gmail.com b4 he goes on retire.

is this person still working to assist people or has he retired
 Reply  Quote

December 28, 2009 12:00PM
HI YOU CAN CONTACT THIS LAWYER HE HELP ME LAWYER@PRESIDENCY.COM
 Reply  Quote

May 20, 2014 02:12PM
By LEGZAKA
Hi, i am a british citizin born and bred. i want to marry in morocco next year can some 1 tell me how can i marry because i have a disablilty and am claiming benefits (DLA) disability living alowence and i dont work can some 1 tell me wat the process is for a person like myself?
 Reply  Quote

July 20, 2014 11:04PM
LEGZAKA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, i am a british citizin born and bred. i want
> to marry in morocco next year can some 1 tell me
> how can i marry because i have a disablilty and am
> claiming benefits (DLA) disability living alowence
> and i dont work can some 1 tell me wat the process
> is for a person like myself?

good evening, there should be no problem you getting married just because you are in receipt of benefits, you just need proof of your income along with all the other documents requested police check etc as other people have listed.
if you make an application for your spouse to come to the UK you may be exempt from the £18,000 plus threshold to apply as you are in receipt of DLA and registered as disabled. however you may need to show that you have some savings in the bank to keep yourself financially and your spouse when making your application.
 Reply  Quote

December 29, 2009 08:01PM
#
passport and copies of the biographic page and the page containing your date of entry to Morocco. Some, but not all, local authorities require the U.S. Consulate General to certify these copies.

#
If divorced, proof of dissolution of any previous marriage(s). Provide original or certified copies of these documents.

#
If former spouse is deceased, his or her death certificate. Provide original or certified copies of these documents.

#
A completed Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry. This document may be obtained at the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca during our public hours. There is a US$ 30 fee for a Consular Officer to notarize the document. The document is in English and you will need to have it translated. This document is the only reason you will need to visit the U.S. Consulate General in relation to getting married in Morocco.

#
A birth certificate. Provide an original or certified copy of this document.

#
An American police record must be obtained from a police department in the state where you last resided or from the FBI at...#
If resident in Morocco, a valid residency card.

#
If resident in Morocco, obtain a Moroccan police record from the Ministry of Justice in Rabat (Office of Penal Affairs and Pardons). (For U.S. citizens resident in Morocco, you will need both an American and Moroccan police record.)

#
If male, a notarized statement of religious denomination or a certified copy of a
conversion document to Islam. (Conversion documents are obtained from and notarized by adouls, or religious/court notarials, at the Ministry of Justice in Rabat). Women do not need this document.

#
A medical certificate of good health from a doctor in Morocco. This document must be obtained in Morocco.

#
Four (4) recent passport photos (3cm x 4cm, please note this is the same size required for a Moroccan passport)

#
The fee for submitting an application for marriage to an adoul is 150 Moroccan Dirhams.

Important note about document requirements: This list is not exhaustive. Moroccan authorities may ask for additional information or other documents proving evidence of employment or a source of income.The marriage process is handled by the Government of Morocco. After obtaining a completed Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry, you will not need to return to the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca. You will need to have your completed Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry translated into Arabic. Be certain all documents that are not in Arabic are translated into Arabic. Take your completed Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry and other documents to the following Government of Morocco offices to be certified. There is a fee for this certification. The length of time needed to complete this phase of the process varies from a few days to a few months. After obtaining the certification from the office listed above, you and your fiancé(e) must contact the Family Law Section at the Prosecutor’s office at the Court of Appeal in the city where you will be married. You will need to provide that office all the required documents. Authorization to marry will be granted after the court completes administrative processing. The length of time required for this process varies. The file with your documents is forwarded to a family judge who will inform you of the next steps you must take in order to obtain your Moroccan marriage certificate. IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION CONTACT LAWYER@PRESIDENCY.COM
 Reply  Quote

April 05, 2014 09:04PM
Hello,
So, any luck or progress on that Lithuanian-Moroccan marriage? I am also a Moroccan man planning with my Lithuanian fiancée to get married this summer, and we're really lost in the lists of documents we should provide, specially from her side since there's no Lithuanian Embassy in Morocco to clear it up for us when it comes to a certificate called "Certificat de capacité au mariage" (Certificate of Ability to get married) that's required by the Moroccan Authorities to accomplish a marriage in Morocco and which is supposedly delivered by the embassy or consulate of the foreign country in Morocco, well since there's no such a representation of Lithuania of Moroccan soil (the Lithuanian Embassy in france is the one supposedly representing LT in Morocco, Polish embassy takes care of emergencies for Lithuanians in Morocco and German embassy delivers visas on their behalf).
I will really be grateful if some Lithuanian-Moroccan married couple shares their experience with us.
 Reply  Quote

October 28, 2016 08:54PM
By agluone
HI,
I'm a citizen of Lithuania(woman) and currently i live in Lithuania.I have a Moroccan boyfriend.We want to get married in Morocco.He lives in Marrakech.
I would like to know which a documents i need to bring that marry?
Please can you help me
My email andromeda.kameja@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

January 27, 2018 02:22PM
By Catty6
Did you got married ? i want to ask some questions to about marriage coz my partner is from morocco too .Can you please help me in getting information
 Reply  Quote

June 03, 2014 07:36AM
Abdedove, I am in same situation . I am Lithuanian girl and planning to get married with my Moroccan fiancé next January. Have you found out from somewhere where to get the sertificate that we need if we do not have Lithuanian embassy in morocco? I would be grateful if u could share any info with me. As I m lost and confused of what I documents I need . Thanks in advance -Laura
 Reply  Quote

June 15, 2014 01:30AM
@Laura:

Thank you for your reply. Although you didn't bring any answer, but it feels kind of reassuring to find someone in the same situation, given the fact that there are not many Lithuanian-Moroccan couples.

About that paper, the capacity of marriage (Certificat de capacité au Mariage CCM), actually the only possibility of obtaining it is by obtaining a "permission of getting married abroad" from the office of your city, then you ask them about what you should do to it to be available (in our case, my darling will need to go to Vilnius to get it stamped).

You're welcome - Abderrahmane
 Reply  Quote

July 25, 2014 07:30PM
@Lawriencija: Any progress on the papers you need to make? .. we currently made all papers, we sent our file to court and from court it was sent to the police department which treats mixed marriages requests, they were friendly and asked us a couple of questions, now we'll wait until August 4th to get an answer from them (there's a one week holidays here) and then the file will be sent back to court again so the judge signs the authorization of mixed marriage, so that the "adoul" can make us a marriage contract smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

September 22, 2014 11:52PM
I would be really interested in your feedback or anyone else's who is a mixed couple Lithuanian and Moroccan. As for me, good news, we got finally married in Morocco.
My wife and I then legalized the contract at the services of Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once my wife was back home in Lithuania, she registered her marriage there, first by a stamp in Vilnius (URM) after translation of course and then in her city, and she obtained the marriage certificate.
Would anyone be able to explain to me what did they do in the matter of visa for the Moroccan partner, whether it is for a short-stay or a long-stay? thank you!
 Reply  Quote

October 03, 2014 04:17AM
Abdedove sorry for late reply. Congratulations for you both!
I Need your help.. I am living in England and all papers I will get from Lithuanian embassy in London unfortunately they never heard about that "capacity of marriage" well they heard but they are saying that capacity of marriage is document proving that I'm not married at this moment and "abdoul" saying that its like permission to get married. my embassy said they are not giving any permissions .. can you please advice from which place in vilnius your wife got it and how exactly it calls as i am confused and now don't have any idea where to get it!!!
 Reply  Quote

October 05, 2014 08:08PM
Hello Laura, glad to read you back smiling smiley

Well, my wife tells you that the name of this document is seimos padetis, it is a paper that has all your personal information, name surname asmens kodas etc ... and in the end it says that "this person is single and is not prevented from contracting a marriage as long as it is not against Lithuanian Law" (or something like that, my translation isn't accurate.

Most of "Adouls" in Morocco follow the French procedure (because most of mixed couples are Franco-Moroccans) but, in our case with Lithuanian partners, that is the paper that stands for Capacity of Marriage, even if the Adoul seems to doubt it or even the judge (in our case even the judge didn't recognize it until we brought him the Arabic translation which we made in Morocco from the French Translation that my wife already made in Lithuania, so we had his secretary insist on him that it is the Lithuanian document that stands for the Capacity of Marriage).

My wife provided me with a link to read more about this paper and how to have it: [mepis.vrm.lt]

Feel free to contact us on bouboual.abd@gmail.com if you have anymore request.

Best of luck in your procedure, it is a tough task I should say!
 Reply  Quote

February 13, 2015 06:13PM
Hi Abdedove,

Once again sorry for late reply- was stressing and been busy with documents.
Finally my status - Married smiling smiley was everything much easier then i thought smiling smiley big thanks for your advices and help smiling smiley now waiting just the Wedding party in Agadir 14th Of March. Next plan to do wedding in Lithuania for my family as unfortunately nobody can come to Morocco except of my friends.
I need your advice about flights from lithuania to Morocco. How is your wife flying please ( I mean with which airlines and from what cities ) as at this moment Im living in UK so its just straight flight but as i know there are no straight flight from Lithuania to Morocco . so just would like to know what is the best way to fly. Another thing any luck on info for getting visa to lithuania?

Big thanks once again
Regards
Laura
 Reply  Quote

February 15, 2015 05:08PM
Salam Laura, congratulations to both of you!

We, on the other hand, were a bit short on money since I'm still a medical intern and she's a student, so we made just a humble party in Morocco with the closest family and friends. I don't know if it is a good idea or not to make a party likewise a year later in Lithuania for her family and friends? would it be a good idea given the Lithuanian context or no? my wife prefers not to but I wish to have one and I don't know ...

Anyway, March 14th is just a month from now, so I suggest you purchase your ticket this week if you want the cheapest! my wife came 2 times to Morocco so far: in 2013, she came with her family and they purchased tickets with Wizzair and Easyjet, from Warsaw airport to Milan Bergamo, then they had to transit with a bus to Milan Malpensa (80 km further) to fly with Easyjet from there to Casablanca ... in 2014, I've purchased her a more comfortable flight from Riga to Paris (Charles de Gaules), all she had to do was to change terminals to take the connection flight from there to Casablanca again .. I prefer Casablanca's Mohamed V Airport for one reason: its underground train station, it spares me the greedy taxi drivers outside the airport, since I don't have a car! .. I see now you're in the UK, which is the case of many Lithuanian-Moroccan couples, it seems like we're the only couple in which the Lithuanian spouse is living in Lithuania and not in the UK. If you're interested in asking Lithuanian women married to Moroccan women and living in the UK about that check this facebook group [www.facebook.com] ... but there should be direct flights from UK to Morocco and cheaper than flying from Lithuania ... one last thing, do not forget luggage fees, sometimes they're not included specially with low-cost companies, and sometimes you pay the fees but they're only for luggage with the outgoing flight, so when you're going to check-in for your flight to return home, you're surprised at check-in desk that you need to pay fees for your luggage, so insist on your company about that and have them answer you by email and print it (just in case, or keep some money when you're returning home, don't do the mistake of returning with 0 euros in your pocket like me haha)

Oh the visa! "ma bête noire" like the French say, causmaras grinning smiley .. actually I didn't apply yet, but exchanged a few emails with the German Embassy in Rabat, they said I should apply for a normal Schengen visa to go there, which means I'll have to prove a good financial situation etc .. I think I should provide them with a copy of our Lithuanian marriage contract and any other piece of paper to convince them that I'm "rightful", once there, if your husband is planning to live there with you, he should check with Migracija services there, I guess the first step would be applying for a temporary residence card, but I have no further info about that, if your husband gets any luck with visa before this summer (that's when I'm planning to apply for a visa but only for 2 weeks to LT and come back to finish college) please write me.

Best of luck to both of you.

Kind regards,
Abderrahmane.
 Reply  Quote

September 15, 2016 11:03AM
By DebbieG
Hello, Laura
How did you get that certificate of capacity to marry? Me and my moroccan fiance are really lost
Thanks in advance for help!

Best Regards,
Debbie
 Reply  Quote

September 20, 2016 09:42AM
By DebbieG
Hello, Laura!

Can I ask you how did you get that certificate of legal capacity to marriage contract after all? I really need to know to marry my Moroccan man sad smiley

Thanks in advance!
Debbie
 Reply  Quote

March 14, 2015 08:38AM
By Mobmoad
Hello there

Please just need information about lithuanian moroccan marriage . Guess you can help .
 Reply  Quote

March 15, 2015 11:02PM
I guess I can yes, what would you like to know?
 Reply  Quote

June 08, 2015 07:42AM
By Rem1
How could you help?
 Reply  Quote

October 19, 2016 04:28PM
By agluone
Hi there,

I'm from Lithuania.I'm also going to marry a moroccan man.
 Reply  Quote

December 31, 2017 01:14PM
These are the documents that you will need;

1st. Affidavit/Affirmation. < To get this you will need to make an appointment at the Lithuanian Honorary Consulate in Casablanca, Morocco, the address is
74, angle rues Oulad Ziane et Mohamed Smiha
20000 Casablanca
Morocco

If you get the Affidavit/Affirmation you don't need a 'capacity to marry' the affidavit replaces that. When your their ask them to also give you proof that you have not been in prison in Morocco.

2nd. You will need proof that you are single. < To get this you can get a 'certificate of no impediment', if you call the register office in Lithuania and book an appointment you will get one usually takes 28 days for you to receive it.

3rd, You will need proof that you have not been in prison. I called Acro Police to get proof, in Lithuania it might be different but double check it could be the same.

4th. You will need proof that your fit and healthy. If you have a medical condition don't worry!!! to get this you will need to go to the big hospital any city in Morocco and ask for a medical certificate they should give you one automatically just pay them 100dirhams and your good to go.

5th, You need proof that you was born in Lithuania < to get this get you will need your birth certificate.

6th, Your passport and a copy of the front page of your passport, and some passport pictures 4 or 5, and a photo copy of a your entry stamp in Morocco

7, Proof that you work and how much money you get. If you don't work. And need help on this, email me on a.elhakim@hotmail.co.uk

8, Passport.

9, Get all these translated in Arabic. < To do this you will need ask your partner to take you to a place where they do this, you can do it in Morocco.

What do you do with these documents and where do you go? the answer to this is, you will need to go the court and ask someone to direct you to the marriage department, give them the documents they will sort it out and tell you what to do. After all that you go to the ladool and you will get married their. Good Luck!
 Reply  Quote

December 17, 2019 11:22AM
By Aukse
Hello , I read everything what you write here , and I call that Lithuania Honorary Consulate in Casablanca to try to book apoitment they said I dont need to go there , so I get lost I dont know what to do now
 Reply  Quote

March 14, 2019 10:36AM
I love the information You have to provide its great news for new couples..
 Reply  Quote

November 25, 2019 06:25PM
wow that's great and congrats those people who is the going for honeymoon in Morocco.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map