Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: moving to Morocco 2009

moving to Morocco 2009
August 15, 2008 01:19AM
Asalaamu Alaikum wrwb,
Ok, i know this may sound kind of strange to some, but to me it's my life and my journey, I fell in Love with Morocco . I've been there twice, both times I stayed in Kenitra, I love this city so much and my wife is from there as well. And we both have decided we wanted to raise our family there. My problem is, I could not find employment easy, well none for that matter. Im a experienced Limousine driver in NYC and my trick of trades are not offered in this region . So the only plan we can come up with i will stay in morocco for 8 months and then travel back to usa alone to work back in the limo business for 4 months, after purchasing another round trip ticket , its possible to come back to morocco with around 12,000 dollars, thats not much, but can make do in Morocco. So my question is, I heard of this way to rent, im not sure if it is true or not but sounds interesting, is it true you can find owners who will rent to with a contract , you pay them a certain amount of money up front, and then you can make smaller monthly rent payments, and at the end of contract you get back the deposit. sound familiar? I forgot what it is called. Also, i'm interested in other cities in morocco , so I will accept any and all beneficial information in regards to this matter, sorry I wrote so much, wallah , i have so much questions and things to say ..lol....thankx
 Reply  Quote

moving to Morocco 2009
August 21, 2008 12:34AM
By yassine
Dear sir,
I don’t want to discourage you but the wage of a driver in morocco may be to low for a guy, who wants to raise his family, besides the only limo I’ve ever seen is parked in front of a hotel in Agadir (I can’t remember the name of the hotel) and it could be a great idea if you started your own limo company.

Good luck.
 Reply  Quote

Workin in Morocco
August 25, 2008 09:51PM
Hi
You mention staying in Morocco for 8 month then returning to usa, did you know you can only stay in Morocco for 3 months at a time unless you open a bank account and extend your visa. Visa's can be extended up to 3 months as long as you have 25 euros for every day extra you wish to stay in the bank account. To do this you will need to visit the police station to fill out lot's of forms and hand in lots of passport size photo's of every one wanting to extend there visa'a. The limo mentioned in the other post is owned and run by the Royal Atlas Hotel in Agadir, but trying to get a job with them will be very hard as employers have to prove to the government that no Moroccan can do the job before they are allowed to give a job to none Moroccan's, this is because unemployment is very high and Moroccans come first.
The best option i would say would be to visit first and look into starting your own company, to do this you will need to register with the government first.
Good luck.
 Reply  Quote

a reply
September 08, 2008 08:13AM
the hotel name that has a limo is ROYAL ATLAS HOTEL -AGADIR-and it is the only limo in agadir american made "lincolin" it s great idea to have a limp company but it will only work in a big cityies.and i guess that such company exists in CASABLANCA.
good luck!
 Reply  Quote

to Puretaqwa
October 09, 2008 12:05PM
hello
i am a guy living in kenitra and i think i may offer some advice, well first regarding your field of work i m afraid to discourage you as you will not be able to find it here in kenitra as it is a small city as you may know with modest infrastructure, i do work in the same field too as i am a taxi driver,and do not really earn that much.
secondly , about the above said way of rent i can give you a positive answer as it does exist and it is called in arabic arahen.
this is how it works : you look for a house that is being put under rahen then you sign a contarct with teh owner for lets say 2 or 3 years .usually the amount of money you give to, him is around 4 to 5 thousand usd and you will pay montly a small amount like 50 usd.
this sound a geat choice for some people who can't rent an expensive house .
feel free to ask anything
 Reply  Quote

Re: to Puretaqwa
August 02, 2009 01:12AM
hi im teresa id like some advice to my fiancee is moroccan and im from the uk its hard to get him a visa for uk as im not working now so we want to move to morocco and work there as market traders what are rentals like there is it cheap to rent a house in tangier or teuan if im married is it east to get a residence permit can i drive my van there full of house hold things pleas can you advice me
 Reply  Quote

August 26, 2009 11:06PM
>So my question is, I heard of this way to rent, im not sure if it is true or not but sounds interesting, is it true you can find owners who will rent to with a contract , you pay them a certain amount of money up front, and then you can make smaller monthly rent payments, and at the end of contract you get back the deposit. sound familiar? I forgot what it is called.

In Morocco it's called "buying the key" or "serut" in Arabic. It only works on a year to year basis, though.
 Reply  Quote

August 26, 2009 11:10PM
>Visa's can be extended up to 3 months as long as you have 25 euros for every day extra you wish to stay in the bank account.

The only place in Morocco where you can extend your tourist visa by another three months is in Agadir - and you must extend it within 10 days of arriving in Morocco. After that, they won't do it. Other cities in Morocco do not do tourist visa extensions. You have to leave the country and then come back in again on another 3 month tourist visa.

This is what Scandinavian camper van tourists do.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map