Africa Guide
recommended trip :

just as i xperinced it

just as i xperinced it
September 28, 2006 03:39PM
By mrema
its very sad i have post such a massage but i have to warn some of you who respond to voluntering posts here to make a study abt the organisation u intend to work for. I did respond to one n i was to volunteer in tanzania - dar to be exact, once i was there these pple found out i was from uganda, they werent welcoming at al, i think its so sad that africans consider only europeans as volunteers
 Reply  Quote

Volunteering
September 29, 2006 08:16PM
By Vera
Admin
It is very sad indeed that you, as an African, was not accepted by the volunteer organisation you approached.

Why not post the name of the organisation on this forum board to make others aware.

I feel that so many people are setting up as volunteer organisations because they are in it to make money rather than actually provide help to the people in need.

They could have refused you because, as an African, you will be aware of the actual costs of their works and how much they charge in fees to volunteers and then you would be in a position expose them as profit being their motivation.

If is very difficult to know which organisations advertising for volunteers on this forum board are genuine and which are not.

General rule would be: it is normal for them to charge a SMALL fee for food and accommodation but if they are charging high fees, they are more likely to have profit as their main goal, rather than helping the people who need it.
 Reply  Quote

i look 4 the best out of any situation
September 30, 2006 12:11PM
By mrema
i very much wanted to expose these people but i know its a managment problem, just a few handfuls who want 2 make money, i wuldnt like 2 tanish any organisations image. beside i ended up touring several sites n would love 2 return on my next holiday the pple r awsome !
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map