Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Welcome

Volunteer in Dar
January 07, 2007 02:10PM
By SiSk
I am a 21 year old girl planning to be in Dar in july/august 2007. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that I would be able to Volunteer with children.I am not sure the length of my visit but it will be at least three months. If anyone could help me on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.
 Reply  Quote

wellcome
February 24, 2007 02:21PM
By abraham
IF ONLY YOU CAN TEACH ENGLISH THEN I WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO ONE OF MY SCHOOLS OF ORPHANS PLEASE REPLY THROUGH THE MMAIL ANDLET ME HAVE YOU DETAILS
 Reply  Quote

Welcome
February 24, 2007 02:31PM
By piemu
LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-07 AT 01:33 PM (GMT)

Together Foundation is lookingfor volunteers to work to the community projects in the rural area of Kilimanjaro region.Please email me sooon.

BACKGROUND: THE TOGETHER FOUNDATION is a community development organization, which aims at empowering community participation in development process. Its is registered as Non-Governmental Organization and non-profit under the Societies Ordinance of 1954.

THE TOGETHER FOUNDATION is an NGO operating in Tanzania whose main objective is to promote development, end extreme poverty and bridge the intergenerational poverty gap.

Our areas of special emphasis are:

-Rural poor,
-women, children, youth and people with disabilities,
-Governance,
-Environment,
-Technology transfer,
-HIV/AIDS,
-Economic Security,
-Education,
-Human rights and security,
-Poverty.

THE TOGETHER FOUNDATION believes that development is a process. Historically, when people talked about “development” they primarily had economic achievement in mind, entering discussion on such things as per capital income, the Gross National Product (GNP), the transfer of technical information. Major emphasis historically is placed on the achievement of the individuals within the community and service provided for people. Community development is a process in a sense that the people of a community grow in their ability to identify problems, priorities/solve their own problems, and take control of their lives. Although outsiders are involved in facilitating the process, the community itself controls what is occurring in their local because they must sustain the process themselves and live with the results, whether good or bad.

VISION STATEMENT: THE TOGETHER FOUNDATION is a non-profit and non-governmental organization with aspiration to see transformed communities who have abilities to manage their own integrated development priorities.
MISSION STATEMENT: THE TOGETHER FOUNDATION facilitates processes, which empowers communities to increase their levels of quality participation in the development process. This process leads to positive transformed lifestyle.
LEADERSHIP: Board of Directors responsible for directing and overseeing the overall operation of the organization govern THE TOGETHER FOUNDATION Presently the Board comprises of nine members.
VOLUTEERING PROGRAMME;
Our organization works in the Hai district in Kilimanjaro Region of Northern Tanzania, a rural district near the Mt.Kilimanjaro. Village Project focuses on several areas for its projects:

The volunteers will be staying with a local family in the area who has kindly hosted volunteers for us in the past. All other in- country expenses shall be the responsibility of the volunteers such as souvenirs, tourism-related costs and safaris, and food accomodation expenses . We do not have our own office, instead the volunteers will work with a number of well-established local partners who have offices which the volunteers will frequently visit.
The Together Foundation will charge you application and programme fees only
Application Fee: US $250.00. The application fee covers administration, marketing, program information, communication.
The program fee 400.00US $ covers administrative charge, airport pickup, transport to the Village (Dar Es Salaam-Moshi-Ng'uni,) meals and accommodation during first day in Dar Es Salaam, and supervision.All payment will be made upon arrival in Dar Es Salaam.

Please confirm your journey to Tanzania as soon as possible and If you have any questions about Ng'uni Village and Tanzania in general do not hestate to ask.Also send to me your current resume (CV)

Best wishes and regards

Executive Secretary

Tel.+255 784 915252
Fax +255 22 2668899
Res +255 22 2420484
Email;piemu@consultant.com
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map