Due to its relative inaccessibility, Ruaha is Africa as it once was, yet with all the comforts that today's traveler expects. The name derives from the great Ruaha River which flows along its entire border creating spectacular gorges. The Ruaha protects a wide variety of habitats including evergreen forest and swamp and contains the largest elephant population of Tanzania.
Day 00: Arrival Day:
0n your arrival you will be met and transferred to the hotel for Dinner and overnight at Kipepeo beach Village.
Day 1: Dar to Iringa
Pick up in Dar es Salaam and drive to Iringa for dinner and overnight. (Camp) FB
Day 2: Bike to Ruaha camp
Wake up, breakfast, and then start biking to Ruaha camp for your Dinner and overnight. FB
Day 3: Game drive plus walking safari
This day after breakfast, start game drive plus walking safari (dry season) then return back to the camp for your Dinner and overnight. FB
Day 4: Return to Dar
Wake up, breakfast, pack up camp, and depart to Dar es salaam for dinner and overnight OR Connect our flight back home.
NB All hiking will be done with game scout were necessary.
FEMA is an organisation of women formed between to town Feheirm in Germany and Matamba Village .The women in germany fundraised and built a Nusery school and rest house for the women of Matamaba and now the project is self sufficient.Comprised of 24 women the group has also have established thier own Bustani and survive from that as well. We have decided to use their rest house in turn support village activities and it is good base to go into Matamba village for one on one village experiences and yet return to a quiet rest home.
Transport to and from The Southern Highlands
Food and meals (vegetarian by default, but flexible on request)
Use of cooking and eating utensils
Drinking water for the hikes
National park fees
Use of Camping equipment
Game ranger fees for hikes
Campsite guards for security of hikers and their belongings
- First night and last night after Safari (Book with us
- Airport transfer which we can arrange for you
- Expedition Essentials
You should bring the following items with you. If you don\'t have them, we may be able to rent some of these items to you on request.
- Rucksack for carrying personal belongings
- Shoes and clothes suitable for hiking including trousers, and rain coat. Clothes should be in camouflage or dull colours.
- Clothes suitable for High altitude cycling and Low altitude cycling as well.
- Hydro packs and Helmets for cycling if available(you will carry your own water)
- Sunhat and sun cream if necessary
- Change of clothes in case they get wet, change of shoes or flip flops
- Toiletries including soap/washing gel etc and mosquito repellent
- Very warm clothes and bedding (Temperatures drop to 0\'C on very cold nights in winter).
In addition,extra activities at Matema beach for those interested
Cannoeing to colourful fish site
Hike and visit to Ikoma pottery village