Located in south-east Tanzania in a remote and little-visited part of the country, the Selous Game Reserve is Africa’s largest protected wildlife reserve. Its rivers, hills, and plains are home to roaming elephant populations, the area’s famous wild dogs, and some of the last black rhino left in the region. The Rufiji River is the largest water catchment locations in the region, and as such, is home to a plethora of varied water and bird life. Along its shores, oppulent hippos sleep languidly in the mud. Crocodiles are also common along the Rufiji’s riverbanks. Stiggler’s Gorge, where the Great Ruaha River meets the Rufiji River, is a breathtaking example of the diversity and spectacular scenery along the game reserve's waterways.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Selous Game Reserve
Pick up at your hotel in Dar es Salaam and transfer to Selous by road or by air. Arrive Selous and Check in at your Lodge. In the afternoon you will go for boat safari along the might Rufiji River. You wil see plenty of hippos, crocodiles and bird life is prolific. Dinner and overnight Rufiji River Camp, which is a tented camp, situated in the northeastern part of the Selous Game Reserve on a high bank overlooking the mighty Rufiji River and the plain beyond. The camp accommodates guest in 20 comfortable tents. Each tent has twin beds with mosquito nets, en-suite bathroom and a veranda facing the river. The central restaurant provides excellent cuisine. The camp makes maximum use of local materials, retaining an intimate relationship with the surrounding eco-system.
Day 2: Full Day Selous Game Reserve
After breakfast, go for full-day game drive of Selous Game Reserve, Africa's largest wildlife sanctuary, with an area of 54,600 sq. km. It has large number of big game such as elephant, buffalo, rhino; It also keeps wildebeest, eland, zebra, impala, hippo, leopard and lion. There are about 350 species of bird life. Dinner and overnight at Rufiji River Camp
Day 3: Selous – Dar es Salaam
After breakfast, do morning walking safari. This allows an intimate impression of the African bush and wildlife, which is unforgettable, and brings you closest to pristine nature. Depart for Dar es Salaam with picnic lunch. Arrive by evening…
*Discount is available for groups of 3pax and above
The Price Include:
- Park fees, and service of English Speaking driver guide
- Transport from Dar es Salaam to Selous and return, as well as transport within the park
- 2 nights accommodation at Rufiji River Camp
- Boat Safari and Walking safari
- Full board accommodation with 3 meals a day and bottle of water during the safari
- A special Safari Jeep - Land Rover 110 or Toyota Land Cruiser - 4WDs will be provided.
- The vehicles are fitted with open-roof for game viewing and photographing.
- Game drive in the park: taking in the best times, early morning game drives and late afternoon game drives to Sunset
The Price Exclude:
- Drinks (alcohol and non alcoholic)
- Tips to driver/guide
- Items of Personal nature
- International flights
- Hotels before and after Safari (book with us)
All our tours are tailor made to suit our client’s needs, so should you require any changes or inclusions please complete the enquiry form below for more information