This Safari offers you the opportunity to enjoy an affordable Africa Big 5 Safari with your family in a child friendly environment.
What do we offer to make life easier for young children?
- Spacious Air-conditioned Minivan
- Baby seats, prams and baby beds when needed
- No long drives, only short drives with plenty of stops
- Lodge environment that offers safe play area, swimming pool, mini golf
- Spacious Air-conditioned chalet with kitchenette and on suite bathroom,
- Tour guides that is child friendly,
- NO Risk of Malaria
- Flexible itinerary to accommodate the feeding, bathing, sleeping and playing times of children.... and parents!
Where do we go?
Pilanesberg Game Reserve in the Manyane or Bakgatla resorts. Pilanesberg is only 2hrs drive from Johannesburg, north west close to the Botswana border. The reserve hosts the majority of South Africa\'s natural wildlife including the BIG 5 - Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard and Rhino.
What do we do?
Your guide will meet you at the Johannesburg International Airport or at your hotel. We depart after breakfast (or as soon as you have cleared customs) and leave the concrete jungle behind. 1 Hours\' drive take us past the Hartebeespoortdam (man-made lake) to the largest African Craft Centre in South Africa. You can browse the crafts and flea market, have some refreshments at the numerous indoor and outdoor restaurants and use the bathroom facilities.
As we leave past the green irrigation pastures we head further north west. Soon we are in country side and the pastures make way to indigenous thorn bushes. Just more than an hours travelling bring us the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. After check-in you have time to unpack, have a light lunch at the restaurant and scout the resort environment.
Mid-afternoon we depart for our first safari drive (game viewing) - remember the binoculars and cameras. We search for Giraffe, Zebra, Kudu, Wildebeest, Hippo.... and yip the ever elusive KING of the Jungle - LION.
The sun will be setting as we return to our chalet. Dinner will be at the restaurant before we head back to have a well deserved rest.
Today\'s itinerary is completely flexible to fit into your family routine. Safari drives can be done at your choice - either early morning, mid-morning, early afternoon or late afternoon. Breakfast and dinner will be at the restaurant at times that are comfortable for yourselves.
Between the Safaris you will find time enjoy the facilities at the resort:
- relax in your air-conditioned chalet,
- play a round of mini-golf with the kids
- enjoy the African sun around the swimming pool,
- take the self guided bush walk around the safely fenced area of the resort,
- do some bird watching.
The final safari drive can be either before or after breakfast.
Check-out will be around 10:00 after which we head to the LION Park. This is a breeding project for African Lions and these awesome animals can be viewed at close range.
LION CUBS are the main attraction and you and the children will have the chance to touch these beautiful little predators.(Holding and touching of cubs are subject to availability.)
Leaving the Lions we pass through the town of Rustenburg and have a comfort stop halfway towards Johannesburg.
We should reach Johannesburg during mid to late afternoon where you will be dropped of at a destination of your choice.
- Full time qualified guide
- Pick-up and drop-of at a destination of your choice (Johannesburg/Pretoria and surrounds)
- Transport in air-conditioned minivan
- Accommodation in air-conditioned chalets
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- All safaris
- Entrance fees and conservation levies
- Baby seats, pram and baby bed when requested.
- International flights
- Actvities not listed in itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities for porters, waiters and guides
This safari can be extended with one or more days. Why not do that and include a full or half day trip to Sun City where you and the children can enjoy hundreds of electronic games, Valley of the Waves (an artificial sea with waves and sand), Crocodile Farm, Cultural village and much more.
Please complete the enquiry form on this page and ask your questions - no obligation!