Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: volunteer coast general

Coast Provincial Hospital
March 15, 2006 02:31PM
By Cat85
Hi there, Just wondering whether anyone knows where Coast Province General hospital, near mombasa is, as I am thinking of going to work for a month. Also, any suitable accomodation for four people, not too expensive
Thanks a lot!
 Reply  Quote

Coast Provincial Hospital reply
March 21, 2006 02:00PM
Hi. what exactly are interested in. I know the place pretty good. Also know a few Buddies MD's over there. About accomodation I know some apartments about 15km north by the beach- 2BR - 4 beds living space/kitchen 20-30$per night. I will be out there for a month myself- next month.
Stay in touch if I can be to any help to you.
 Reply  Quote

Coast Provincial Hospital reply reply!
March 21, 2006 02:41PM
By Cat85
Thanks so much for your reply. Basically the hospital hasn't given us that much info bout what it's like, what to pack (v important!), where to say and things. If there was anyway we could get in contact with one of the doctors it would be so helpful. I don't spose you have an email address or anything, if they wouldnt mind us getting in contact?
Thanks very much for your time
Catherine
 Reply  Quote

More Info.
March 22, 2006 03:10PM
A litle more helpful bits of information you did not mention- At what level you would be working at the Hospital/what are you doing now/what are your goals- are you going to be working towards some college credits/Med. school attachment etc.
With these I could probably be able to give you a clear picture/may be also possible to intoduce you to local medics.
As I mentioned earlier I am in a way exposed to the medical system in Kenya though not residing there currently, Also know Mombasa very well- lived there for a long time.
 Reply  Quote

more info
March 22, 2006 03:41PM
By Cat85
we are medical students at liverpool, not sure what level we will be working at as it depends what they want us to do, but a medical elective is part of our course.
 Reply  Quote

coast general
April 16, 2006 06:21AM
By renee24
Hi,

I'm a kenyan student in san fransisco, pre-med. will also be working at the pediatric clinic in Coast General this summer! yeah!! did you find a place to stay in mombasa? I think i'll be there for 6-8 wks, so i'm looking for a short-term apartment etc.

see you at the hospital!

>Hi there, Just wondering whether anyone knows
>where Coast Province General hospital, near
>mombasa is, as I am thinking
>of going to work for a
>month. Also, any suitable accomodation for
>four people, not too expensive Thanks
>a lot!
 Reply  Quote

elective in mombassa
June 09, 2006 10:39AM
hey,
im a med student from dublin and myself and a friend are heading to mombasssa in june. we're in the same boat about accommodation and stuff..the hospital haven't given us much to go onw..are you there now and if so, how did you get on sorting everything?
 Reply  Quote

elective in mombasa
June 23, 2006 10:14PM
By mike12
hey,
my name's mike and 3 mates and I from RCSI are headin2 coast general4 an elective starting July 1st-just wondering has anybody here been able to contact the hospital bout accomidation yet?just wanna b sure we have some place2 stay when we get there!
 Reply  Quote

CPGH
July 17, 2006 08:51PM
By Lorenz
Hi everybody!
We are two medical students from Verona,Italy
coming to CPGH for an elective for august and part of september and,guess what? we don't know much about what we are going to do there so if anybody has some tips or is going to be there in this period, please mail me! thanks
 Reply  Quote

ready to assist
December 29, 2008 06:09AM
Anonymous User
Hi

To all elective student.

my name is Rose and i have lived in mombasa for about 10 yrs. I can assist you to find accomodation as i live in town not far from the hospital. Also my brother works in coast general as a security and i think he can be of help to you during your stay. If interested please reply
 Reply  Quote

Coast general hospital
February 20, 2009 10:43AM
Hi Rose
I was wondering if you are still living in Mombasa and if you would be able to help me get an email address for someone at Coast Provincial General hospital. I am a medical student and would like to volunteer there for 6 weeks in September. Thank you very much.
 Reply  Quote

volunteer coast general
February 21, 2009 06:26AM
Anonymous User
hi, thanks
I am still living in mombasa, and can assist you where necessary. At the moment i have no email of some of people i know who are working there but lem enquire and will contact you later
 Reply  Quote

September 07, 2009 02:15AM
By sarina
Hello

Can you or anybody tell me where the Coast Province Hospital was built?
 Reply  Quote

September 07, 2009 02:16AM
By sarina
Can somebody tell me when (not where)the Coast Province Hospital was built?
 Reply  Quote

September 30, 2009 06:56PM
By kahunah
CPGH was a new hospital in 1954.
Here's the link to a book published in 1954 that refers to the hospital.
[books.google.com]

I also have found a book from 1955 that refered to it as a "new" hospital.

I hope this helps.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Coast Provincial Hospital
October 06, 2009 07:33AM
Hi there,

I don't know anything about the coastal hospitals, but I am an Australian living in Kenya so I can help you out in terms of what you need to bring, where to go and what to do etc. Let me know if I can help you out.

Regards,

- Marianne.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Coast Provincial Hospital
December 28, 2011 11:43AM
By laurap

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map