Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Transport to Malindi

Transport to Malindi
June 01, 2005 12:50PM
By susana

Hello everyone,

I am planning to stay at Malindi's Hemingways Resort next month, and my only option is to fly to Nairobi.

From there, what should I do? If I fly to Mombasa, can I take a taxi from Mombasa to Malindi? It's 75 miles away, how much will it cost me approximately?

Also, can you recommend agencies to take me on safari tours?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Susana
 Reply  Quote

Malindi & Safari
June 01, 2005 01:46PM
By Mod
Hi Susana

You will very easily get a taxi from Mombasa to Malindi - I don't know the exact cost but it will be inexpensive. It may also be worth asking Malindi's Hemingways Resort if they can arrange pick up for you are Mombasa Airport.

Regarding safaris: have a look at these - they can be arranged with pick up from your hotel.

Kenya Air Safari 3 day Masai Mara
http://www.africaguide.com/travel/index.php?cmd=5&pid=181

Kenya Air Safaris-Magnificent Mara-3 days
http://www.africaguide.com/travel/index.php?cmd=5&pid=489

both itineraries can be customised to suit your requirements.

You just need to complete the form at the bottom to request more information. Please note that lodges are getting fully booked up so it is best to make your arrangements ASAP.

For all safaris in Kenya visit this webpage
http://www.africaguide.com/travel/index.php?cmd=2&page=1&country_id=24

Note: safari itineraries displayed on The Africa Guide website are operated by fully registered tour operators and you can view feedback received by us directly from previous travellers who used this website to find their safari holiday.

Hope this helps

Regards
The Africa Guide
 Reply  Quote

PICK YOU
June 03, 2005 05:01AM
Anonymous User

Hello
I think the best option is to ask the to make an arrangement of picking you from the Airport.Cheers, Jeff
 Reply  Quote

acquitance
June 05, 2005 03:41PM
By gmbrian
hi sussana,
transport in kenya is not expensive. im a student at the university of nairobi but my family is based in mombasa.
if you choose to use the tour operators it would be costly.
otherwise its only 2us$ from mombasa to malindi
get in contact with me so i can tell you more
 Reply  Quote

hallo susanna
June 10, 2005 02:21PM
By winners
Welcome to kenya.

it will be more fun if you ask the tour operator to get you a group / team to do safari with. that way it may be more fun.

You can travel by public means to malindi it is cheaper, also safe.

If you need any help while in nairobi , i can help you out.
 Reply  Quote

Travelling
July 09, 2005 06:01AM
Anonymous User
LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-05 AT 07:04 AM (GMT)

Susan,

Hello there, I beleive the best exciting way to travel to Malindi is by Road, why travel by Air, dont you want to see the Kenyan land and its beauty, come on, be ambitious and hit the road instead, just get a Vehicle, hire one, aint expensive, I think its 10,000Kshs or less per Day, get a driver who is well versed with the Mombasa - Malindi Road, then move enjoying the baeutiful scenerio - it will be worth it.

Trust me, it will be worth it.

Peace
 Reply  Quote

Transport to Malindi
July 14, 2005 05:43PM
Hello Susana,

We are travelling to Malindi in September 05 from Nairobi and we arranged a flight from Nairobi to Malindi, Direct. Kenya Airways has one flight into Malindi daily (I think). We are travelling to Kenya via British Airways and our travel agent arranged the Kenya Airways flights as an "add on" to the British Airways flights. Our resort also provides airport pickup in Malindi.

Caution: We were advised to fly back to Nairobi via Mombassa because we have to catch the British Airways evening flight the same day. There are more flights to Nairobi from Mombassa which provides a greater comfort level of making the connection in Nairobi. Our resort will provide a car for 90 Euros for 2 people to take us from Malindi to Mombassa.

Hope this helps! Enjoy Hemingways, I understand it is lovely.
Cheers
CdnGal
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map