Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Tips of survival in Nairobi

Tips of survival in Nairobi
March 27, 2005 07:33PM
By aswani
Hi am a kenyan living abroad and i know what you fear about Nairobi. let me be sincere with you. Nairobi is a Town that i miss very much especially the night life and the safaris that are with it. But there are various rules that i have which a follow when am at Home.
First, try to always be at home before it is dark.Avoid very risky neighbourhoods. It is at times expensive to stay in a neighbourhood but i think 100Euro more per month is worth your life. Make sure you get an area where you do not stand out from your neighbours. I think in the area you are going to be this is going to be the case and i would advice you to avoid it like a plague.
A multi-kultural area is the best.
Do not show off, like with expensive things and designer cloths and ware. I think decent cloths and ware from H&M and the like are decent enough.
Ensure that you always have at least 500Ksh in your wallet. The rest you know here to keep it. This is good in case you are cornered you can give what you have in the wallet and claim to be all that you have. And it could save you alot.
If you are to make friends just take your time. The people in Africa are no much different from the ones you know. They are but very friendly. Be careful however about who you choose as friends.
At times i find it easy to have one taxi man to trust. I have one taxi man who takes me around at a reasonable price and when he is not there then he will refer me to another one. Though this it has helped me to keep my house contacts with many unknown persons at bay and still have a nice time. This is especially the case when you want to have a part in the night life.
About where to have fun mail me for more
I hope i have given you afew tipps if you need more info mail me.
I hope i have helped persons with such questions.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map