Africa Guide
recommended trip :

are you already in kenya

Hi everybody is anyone needs my assistance? WELL ASK ME ABOUT KALENJIN CULTURE AND I WILL ANSWER.
it's about a traditional attire methods of cooking, traditional dancers etc. and also if you need help from keiyo kenya.
nice time
frank
 Reply  Quote

Kalenjin Culture
March 22, 2005 12:20AM
Several us will be traveling this June to Kipkaren and Illula on a short-term missions trip. Because our time is limited, we would like to learn as much about the culture as possible. We want to know about everyday things that Americans take for granted. Also, I have been practicing my "Swahili" . . . but in searching the internet, do the people hear, instead, speak the Kalenjin language? I understand most speak English where we are going, but I thought it respectful to learn some simple words. But if they don't speak Swahili, I will have to start over!

Thank you for ANY help you can send me!!
Kathy Ramirez
 Reply  Quote

Kalenjin Culture
March 22, 2005 12:21AM
YES!! I am going on a short-term missions trip in June and would like to find out anything I can about everyday culture. I posted a longer message re: this matter.

Thank you ~
Kathy Ramirez
 Reply  Quote

Kalenjin Culture"
March 22, 2005 07:05AM
By kwalel
Illula and kipkaren is just within the Eldoret town and most of the people there speek kiswahili and infact i stay near Illula at the estate called kapsoya
frank
 Reply  Quote

Thank you!
March 22, 2005 04:08PM
THANK YOU!! I have been practicing my words daily, and would hate to think at this point, I needed to start over!! I won't be able to hold a conversation, but I can recognize some basic words and am trying to learn some one-word responses / questions. It really is fun!! Especially for an old lady whose brain is getting older and older!! smiling smiley

Asanta sana!!!
Kathy
 Reply  Quote

culture in eldoret
March 30, 2005 05:40AM
By kwalel
by the way did you get my e-mail!!!
i was trying to ask you if you've a place to stay while in Eldoret or i get you one and also ask me the major words you want to know while in kenya in swahili then i will answer you i can also provide the car for you.. how many are you?
frank
 Reply  Quote

RESPONSE
March 30, 2005 03:08PM
We are staying in the villages . . .in either "huts" or "dorm" type housing. It is on the complex run by Empowering Lives International. They provide all the food, housing, travel we will need for the two weeks we will be there. We will be spending the first day after arriving site-seeing and "toursiting" Nairobi on our own . . . which is a bit scary since none of us are "world travelers"!!! But they will come pick us up Wed. and transport us to the villages for two weeks of work. Then we go on a two-day safari before leaving for the States. But any information you can share about the people and the customs. . . or any other "manners" or "etiquette" we should know while among the people would be most appreciative!!
Kathy
 Reply  Quote

culture
April 01, 2005 07:34AM
By kwalel
LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-05 AT 02:55 PM (GMT)

ok i will look for someone in Nairobi to guide you on your arrival day and make shure you dont talk to anybody for example those people who pretend that they wanted to care or assit you. coz Nairobi
sometimes is not good, when you come to Eldoret then contact me and i will visit you coz Hillula and kipkaren is just near my place. you can also contact me at 0733-787637
francis
 Reply  Quote

ism
April 07, 2005 08:29PM
FRANK,i only speak english therefore i must be excluded from this communication??doesnt matter to me but maybe you being neighbours with the non swahilli speaking tribe is a blessing for them...
 Reply  Quote

"English"
April 08, 2005 07:51AM
By kwalel
No i dont say that most of them cannot understand English. nowdays in kenya most of the people are educated and they all speak english well, there are let's 1/4 that is those ones from the rural area. so you're welcome

>FRANK,i only speak english therefore i must
>be excluded from this communication??doesnt matter
>to me but maybe you
>being neighbours with the non swahilli
>speaking tribe is a blessing for
>them...
 Reply  Quote

are you already in kenya
June 10, 2005 04:27AM
By kwalel
this is frank,iwas asking if you are already in kipkaren and ilulla..pliz let me know
frank
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map