Africa Guide
recommended trip :

hallo

travelling around Kenya
August 03, 2004 11:56AM
By nat
Hi! I'm going out to Kenya to do voluntary work for 3 mths in october with an organised project. I really want to travel afterwards but not really sure how to go about it and whether I'll be safe as a woman on my own. Any advice would be great, or would be great to hear from anyone else who will be in Kenya at the same time. Thanks!
 Reply  Quote

alert!
August 06, 2004 08:01AM
Anonymous User
hallo Nat,
All i can tell u is that u have to be very alert when u are in kenya. Its a beautiful country and there are lots of things to see and do!just make sure that u get a good travel adviser and finally follow ur instincts because people here can be crafty and there are lots of con men around!
enjoy ur stay n have fun!
 Reply  Quote

Kenya is wonderful
August 11, 2004 02:27PM
Anonymous User
Hi Nat,

welcome to Kenya and try to ignore all the prophets of doom concerning the safety ramifications of travelling in Kenya.It is quite safe especially in the rural areas and the people are friendly.Towns are also safe but of course you must be safety concious just like you would be any where in the world.I work as a tourism and hospitaliy lecturer in a college in Nairobi and would be happy to give you more hints.
Nelson
nelmreiyia@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Tour the best way
August 14, 2004 09:50AM
Anonymous User
Am a woman and i have been traveling in Africa alone for some years.Kenya is a great country and has very friendly people,there i just rented a landrover and a driver or guide and drove from one village to the other for more than 3months,i had the time of my life.After such a tour you get Africamylities an uncurable diesese known for its addiction,and the truth is you never get enough from this diesese.
 Reply  Quote

thanks!
August 23, 2004 05:51PM
By nat
Thanks for all your replies and advice. I will be careful, as you are anywhere really. I can't wait to get out there! Nat
 Reply  Quote

hallo
January 08, 2005 05:47AM
Anonymous User
Hey thanks,
Next time you in Kenya let me know.
Will be glad taking you round.
Cheers John.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map