Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Travelin Kenya as white male?"

Kenya Trip 2003
February 11, 2004 06:19AM
Since so many are asking what Kenya is like I decided to put my digital on the net. Hope you enjoy them.

linky:

http://community.webshots.com/user/omibrosa

hope to go back later this year.

sawasawa
 Reply  Quote

Travelin Kenya as white male?
February 16, 2004 09:43AM
By gary
Hello,
I found your phots of Kenya to be interesting. I do have a question I hope you will address for me, and please be as direct as you feel necessary.
I am a white male that is interested in a trip to Kenya but have some concerns about being a white American in a country that has had problems in the past.
With you being black, and I am assuming an African American obviously you could "blend in" much easier then I could..(no bad pun intended). In your travel experience do you feel an American caucasian male is at some greater risk, or am I being paranoid?
Any advise, input or comments you might have would be appriciated and valued, and I hope you decide to do so.

Thank you in advance for your insight and shared knowledge.

Gary Yates
ggsetay@msn.com
 Reply  Quote

Travelin Kenya as white male?"
February 17, 2004 06:30PM
Anonymous User
I think it depends on how you hold yourself. I saw several white people and they were just as comfortable as anyone. They didn't standout at all as obviously they knew Kenya or appeared to. Knowing the language is extremely important when traveling to Kenya. Are you going to Kenya? Do you have a travel guide? My brother lives near nairobi and has could be you guide-his email is ibrasiongo@hotmail.com. Send all Kenya questions to Ibrahim as he is on the scene.
Asanta sana.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map