Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Starting Charity Organization in Kenya

Starting Charity Organization in Kenya
January 18, 2011 01:04AM
By Rapture
I just got back from volunteering in Kenya. I really like Kenya and would like to buy a several acres of land in Kisumu to start a charity to help the Kenyan people especially the youths.

As a foreigner can I buy land? How do I setup a charity organization? I have a real estate agent and many locals I am working with, but they don't know the laws for foreigners. What government department I need to petition? How much of the application can be done online?

I live in the USA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 01:06AM by Rapture.
 Reply  Quote

get the locals to help you out. if you want buy land there are provisions for foreigners to own land. my best advice is to get a kenyan lawyer and a real estate agent
 Reply  Quote

I hope you are doing fine , Your idea is good and applicable . I would suggest you partner with people from the local community first as you rent a premises as you look around for the best location to put up your project. I am ready to work with you in the project

Many Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Like @mukuba2002 said: get a lawyer and don't trust anybody!!! Everybody will only behind your money: Mzungu (whites) = ATM, because we are printing the money in those machines hot smiley.

Proof EVERYTHING (twice, trice)! Check some other Title deeds before, that you know how they look like!!

I know so much organizations, there are "in hot water" either by Founders /Staff-members or Locals.., that my meaning is: it is an risk absolut and only!

YES an Foreigner can buy land as so far it isn't linked to agriculture in any way. On the Goverment-Websites you should be able to find the rules for setting up your organization.
And if you like to make it haraka (fast) take a lot of Kitu kidogo (Corruption-Money) too, you will need it eye popping smiley grinning smiley.

PT_Kaloleni
 Reply  Quote

Hi am Ronald omondi trying to come up with an organization www.zolof.org look at it and lets stay in touch am 30yrs old..
 Reply  Quote

Hi am Ronald omondi trying to come up with an organization www.zolof.org look at it and lets stay in touch am 30yrs old..
i have registered this organization and just looking for people with like minds to help the dream come true,
[zolofearwear.webs.com]
My Phone: +254733232827
we can work together to make this dream of
www.zolof.org
 Reply  Quote

Hello,

It's good to see people who are committed to giving back. As a person working in non profit (and a filmmaker too), I would suggest, instead of starting another charity, work with already established ones.

I work in Kibera and the number of non profits is huge. Many of them are duplications, which is a waste of resources and doesn't actually help. Most people cone to visit once, get touched and think starting a non profit is the answer.

I would seriously suggest looking into putting the money you would have bought land with towards a non profit that does the same kind of work.

DA
[darkangelme.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 09:26AM by DarkAngel.
 Reply  Quote

Hello Rapture! your charity plan is really appreciating job,anyways did you got any success regarding your land project.
 Reply  Quote

Dear sir,

Am the project manager of Cress Kenya,a local NGO operating in Kisumu.
We distribute free books to schools and also create HIV/AIDS awareness among others.
We would like to partner with you and we can also take you through the process of acquiring land.If interested please contact us through email cress.kenya@yahoo.co.uk.
Yours faithfully,
Lawrence.
 Reply  Quote

lawrence Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear sir,
>
> Am the project manager of Cress Kenya,a local NGO
> operating in Kisumu.
> We distribute free books to schools and also
> create HIV/AIDS awareness among others.
> We would like to partner with you and we can also
> take you through the process of acquiring land.If
> interested please contact us through email
> cress.kenya@yahoo.co.uk.
> Yours faithfully,
> Lawrence.

Dear Lawrence,

and why you don't provide your'e own E-Mail /and Website..!??? Where are the Registration - Informations (necessary!!) about you and your Organization??
==>For that, what you'd provided I can ONLY judge once: private Revenue.......!!!!?!??!??!!!!

PT_Kaloleni
 Reply  Quote

Hi Rapture,

My name is Joseph a Kenya aged 29 i have see that your dream and mine are matching. I have been seeking to meet a person having the same idea just as mine and i have met you. I have done several proposal on the charity but i ave never met the right person to do it with.

I have also done a proposal for University for paraplegics because am one of them

Contact me on benjawm82@yahoo.com
Cell +254 720 361 776 / +254 720 347 541

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 01:08PM by benjawm82.
 Reply  Quote

@ RAPTURE may God bless you for your act of kindness by volunteering yor time to benefit others.. am a kenyan living in the states and am passionate about starting a charity org in the near future, first of all it is NOT advisable to consault or ask for help from kenyan local unless its someone you know and trust, its easy to be taken advantage of, consault a lawyer directly they have all required information on the matter, my family has a lawyer who helps us when we are purchasing land, u can email me your questions at moshuk@yahoo regarding land purchase.. God bless
 Reply  Quote

Hi Rapture,

My name is Regina and I'm the editor of TechNews Report (technewsrprt.com).

As part of our social corportate responsibility, we would like to do some philanthropic work.

Your suggestion above seems like an interesting idea. Any chance we could discuss it further?

Contact us at philanthropy@technewsrprt.com.

Regards,
Regina.
 Reply  Quote

Hello, you have a very lucrative idea to help the youths, kindly contact me if you dont mind we talk in length and for more advice, i am from kisumu, my email address is lucychills@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Dear Rapture,
I too live in the US and my goodness, I could not believe some of the answers you are getting. Hopefully, the only advice you took is "do not trust anyone - not even lawyers". Start with reputable companies that have already made a name for themselves. Some of these would be in Nairobi but they can give you real advice for no fee. Any agent who sells land and is clueless about foreigners buying land should be avoided. Bottom line is, I would start with good established real estate agents for advice - examples are Hassconsult and Kiragu & Mwangi (I have used both of these and have been very happy with their services). Avoid LLyold Masika (even though you are told they are reputable). I am sure there are others who can good / bad real estate agents but I list based on my experience.
As for lawyers, good luck on that but again, better use large law firms than small time lawyers. But even then, next to impossible to trust lawyers because they all watch each other's backs.
Foreigners are allowed to own land as long as it is not freehold. You can however team up with a kenyan citizen (if I were you, I would team up with one in US so that if they mess with you, you can sue them in the US.).
 Reply  Quote

Hello everyone on this forum! Quite interesting topics here present, I am interested in all the latest and freshest news, because I need it to work! Quite interesting in your forum has for itself! Who cares where most share I take some new material and news http://tuko.co.ke/. It would be interesting to hear more from you something new. And to engage in charity - is a very noble cause!
 Reply  Quote

Hello
My name is George morara from Kenya. I share your views and would be glad to work with you to enhance the course you have outlined.
This is my email: craftvillagekenya@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+254720287309
Be blessed
 Reply  Quote

Hello , am in Kenya and am 25years old i also want to start a charity kindly reply me
 Reply  Quote

i love to volunteer for charity kindly text me back
 Reply  Quote

Your work is commendable...this is really a nice work and reflects the identity of kind person..i also want to join charity ..

regards
Eva
worked @vbuycars, providing Cash For Cars Los Angeles
 Reply  Quote

Hello there, contact at bonyobonface@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map