Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Immigration To Egypt

Immigration To Egypt
October 31, 2002 11:48PM
Anonymous User
Hi,I'm an Arabian rooted Turkish citizen,but I would like 2 live in Egypt as a citizen and could anyone help me how can I do this legally ?Also I'm having my univ.education here and it's my last year can I find a good univ.in egypt to have a BA on Public Relations?Thank you.
 Reply  Quote

January 13, 2003 01:57PM
By Rob
Greeting Murat,

The easiest rout is to go to Egypt on a tourist visa, check to see if you need one in advance or whether you can get it at the airport (most countries can) and then aply for a work permit and residence permit at the Mugamma Offices on Midan Tahir (near the Nile Hilto) in Cairo.

It is supposed to be a long, drawn out, beauraucratic nightmare getting these permits and be warned, if your residence permit is turned down, you will not be able to find out why, no apeal, and you will be asked to leave the country and will find it dificult to return. There are many people happily living there on tourist visas which they renew. The authorities seem to prefer this as if you are naughty they can tell you to leave whereas if you have the full residence permit it becomes impossible to do that.

I'm not quite sure whether you mean to do some time studying or hoping to find a teaching job in Egypt. There are two excelent universities in Cairo, the American University in Cairo and Cairo University. You may prefer Cairo University if you want a taste of true Egyptian culture. If you want to study there then you should have no problem with visas and plenty of time and good contacts to gert residence and work permits together. If you get a job teaching then you should have a lot of help sorting it all out.

You'll find that there will be many Turks living there. Hang out at a few coffe houses and ask around in them and you'll soon meet up and will get all the info and help you require.

Rob
 Reply  Quote

i want Egypt imegertion
May 08, 2003 01:47AM
Anonymous User
Dear sir
my name is nadem i am from pakistn i am 35 year old man i want do get egypt imgertion
i want apply palse tell what i do send me reply
me as soon
nadem
from pakistn
 Reply  Quote

Immigration to Egypt
February 05, 2004 07:55AM
Anonymous User
Sir,
I am Ahsan Mateen Malik
i am from Pakistan my Educational Qualifications is Master Of Economics i am 33 years of old i have six years experience as senior bussiness executive in Islamabad Stock Exchange.
Sir, plz provied me all informations about Immigration to Egypt,

Yours truly,
Ahsan Mateen Malik.
 Reply  Quote

working in egypt
September 16, 2004 10:46AM
Anonymous User
hello,
i am west african and hope to live and work in egypt. i am studying arabic, fluent in french and studied in england. i hope to start a textile company in egypt.
ruby
 Reply  Quote

dear sir i need to help me to find the email address for the immigratrion of egypt in the airport to ask about my business visa if it in the immigration affice
my name is walid farchoukh iam from lebanon and i need to work in egypt
 Reply  Quote

imigration
April 21, 2006 10:31AM
only way is to get married from egyptian man so can have legal stay
 Reply  Quote

April 19, 2010 03:14PM
By Glenn
Hello, I saw the post about about living In Egypt on a tourist visa. So what I'd like to know is... How many times can you renew your tourist visa? And can you do this without leaving the country? (I ask this because some countries like Japan require a work visa be issued outside their borders).

And I'm curious as to what Egyptian authorities view as "naughty" behavior... Would it be just what most places consider "criminal", or could it be something most westerners would consider innocuous...?

I want to get a certificate to teach English, and I want to teach in Egypt. I'm thinking about doing this "privately" so as to avoid the hassle of obtaining a work visa. But I'm also nervous about doing this in case getting caught and being asked to leave and maybe not ever being allowed to return.

So I really want to know if this kind of thing is possible... Can I just stay there indefinitely while renewing my visa as needed (I think its monthly).

If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Glenn
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map